Planetary smashing polish is needed

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by xanoxis, January 27, 2015.

1. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

For now there are bugs and stuff that needs a little bit of attention from Uber. Planet smashing creates a crater, but it does not make it as a part of planet, its still round, stuff is there, like forest, units can walk there. Its a bug and it needs to be fixed, it just looks baad.

Also, we need animation for smash of symilar planets. For now they just disappear. That looks just baad.

I think this kind of polish is needed before asteroids are in. We can't have weak animations and bugs with pathing when they are out.

I know what I'm saying, I'm Polish :p
    xankar, iron71, cdrkf and 9 others like this.
  2. Murcanic

Murcanic Well-Known Member

I wonder if they need rendering time to load in the effects, if that is the case how would people feel about an animated cut scene of the moon crashing into the planet while it loads its effects?
  3. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Haha no I think its just a bug, it's supposed to be fixed in the next update in February.

Although it would be pretty awesome to have a cutscene.
    Murcanic likes this.
  4. kayonsmit101

kayonsmit101 Active Member

Absolutely not into that idea.

As for the op, I'm hoping all of the planet smash animations and bugs are going to get an overhaul. I understand things take time and there are probably more important things on the to do list, but planetary annihilation is the name of the game... :)
    xankar, MrTBSC, xanoxis and 2 others like this.
  5. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Long time ago main issue there was pathfinding data update and this one was one of reasons why devs reworded pathfinding in 2014 to use something voxel-based.

I'm also interested why dynamic deformation wasn't introduced yet. :oops:
    xankar, Bsport, xanoxis and 1 other person like this.
  6. eratosthenes

eratosthenes Active Member

So you want giant Slavs that can smash planets added to the game? ;)
    stuart98 likes this.
  7. takfloyd

takfloyd Active Member

Agreed with this. The mechanics behind the impacts are nice, with some awesome flexibility in the system. Ever used one planet as a wrecking ball to smash another planet repeatedly, making progressively bigger craters? It's awesome.

But once the collision is done with, it'd be nice if the wrecked buildings didn't just hover in the air above the crater...

And yeah, there's also a bug where sometimes planets will seemingly... annihilate eachother without a trace. You know like in physics when opposite charge matter collides. And that's certainly stupid.

Here's a thread I made about a special case I had once: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/someone-please-explain-what-just-happened.64731/