Planetary Annihilation @steam 82.99 Euros

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by abidibladiduda, June 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. See title. Wtf? I do not know what to say? I hope this is just an error and not the actual prizing. Wanting 20 bucks more for a beta access is horrible but this is just insane.

83 Euros are 110 USD which is 20+% more expensive then the galactic edition.
    Last edited by a moderator: June 13, 2013
  2. sharpy34

sharpy34 New Member

That's the price for Alpha access, it will go down for beta and down again for full release
  3. Charging 82.99 for playing the alpha is horrible money grabbing. Preordering from the homepage of PA is 40 USD. 82.99 Euros are 110 dollars. Why am I paying an insane amount of money for an alpha? Usually you pay less if you buy a game earlier. I am terribly disappointed right now.
  4. liamdawe

liamdawe Active Member

Read the store properly, $40 is for the final game, no Alpha and no Beta access.

It's not money grabbing at all, it's the same prices a lot of us paid already.

Any hike on a price on Steam would be due to Steam taking a cut so rather than sell at a loss it may be a tiny bit higher than the Store prices.

Don't want to pay on Steam? Then pre-order directly on their store, very simple sense here.
    Last edited: June 13, 2013
  5. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Not this again.

Don't like it, don't pay it, but you'll find 8K+ people who took no issue with it. Also Alpha is not the only reward at that level either, far from it;

A game key e-mailed to you & digital download
    Exclusive wallpaper download
    Exclusive PA Asteroid Pin & PA Asteroid Belt flair items for SMNC
    Early download and access to the game during alpha & beta stages
    Digital download of the soundtrack
    Access to the exclusive backer forums
    Limited edition in-game Progenitor commander, only available to backers
    Limited edition in-game Alpha commander, only available to backers
    Digital art book
    Your name in the credits

Mike
  6. Read my comment properly. Why am I paying more for playing the Alpha/Beta? Other companies say "hey cool that you like our game so much that you would buy it even though it's just the alpha/beta".
    With PA it is like "hey cool that you like our game so much [...] pay us more money to get an unfinished version."

There is no information on the steam page that I get anything in addition to the game. It only states it's an early access version.
  7. rorschachphoenix

rorschachphoenix Active Member

Nope. 40$ is for the game key + Theta Commander + Soundtrack + Desktop Wallpaper (which is not expensive)

Preordering from the homepage for ALPHA is 90$ (Galactic Edition).
    And Galactic Edition includes also...
    >Game Key
    >Theta Commander
    >Soundtrack Download
    >Desktop Wallpaper
    >Beta Access
    >Alpha Access
    >Digital Artbook

Well... steam might be expensive in that case.
  8. I remember minecraft where you paid less for buying the early version. Now people suddenly think you should of course pay more for an earlier version. I just don't get it.
  9. rorschachphoenix

You don't get an "unfinished version". You get access to that "unfinished version" while you waiting for the finished version.
  10. KNight

KNight Post Master General

That was Notch's call, and PA's Pricing is Uber's call, considering the game couldn't have happened if everything could only 40$ I don't really see the problem, if you don't like it just wait for release.

Mike
  11. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

It is a kickstarter game. These tend to be this way. The earlier you back, the cheaper it tends to be, yet early access is a reward for more generous backers while really cheap on-day launch is the base reward.

The game on release was only $20 back during kickstarter. This was pretty cheap.

Besides, you don't seem to be cool with it, but it is entirely plausible for you to find something to do until the game is released. That is what I did until alpha.

Look up Slender: The Eight Pages, or The Witch's House (for RPGMakerXV), those will pass some time.

Minecraft wasn't a kickstarter game. It was started, then released for alpha for funds to continue. People love Minecraft, sure Minecraft is really probably the true modern champion of most played game ever, honestly. This is just not the same game as minecraft though.
  12. I do not care if it is 40 or 60 usd. But there is a huge gap between 40/60 and 110 (~80 euros).

For me that is just a lame excuse.
  13. alexelxd

alexelxd New Member

this is bad for you guys here in Brazil this R $ 149.99 in currency here please if someone's come empressa post revise these prices because in uploaded some countries are doing quite expensive thanks!
  14. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

You know what, without Kickstarters, early backers, the game would not even exist.

If the 90$ are too much, then simply don't buy it. Obviously playing the alpha is not your thing or priority then. Go and get yourself the game for $40... you will be able to play it in December when the game will be released to the public.
  15. thesonderval

thesonderval Member

All the Kickstarter Alpha backers paid that price (or more) without complaining about it. Thus it wouldn't be fair on them to lower the price.

I wonder how soon the forum will be flooded with posts complaining about the price? Steam forums are already 90% all about the price :)
  16. rorschachphoenix

It is not an excuse. Do you want early access? Do you want beta access? Do you want the game key? Then buy it.

Do you want just the game key? Then wait for release and it will cost less then 90$ I guess.
  17. Oh I love the argument of "oh you are not a true fan". This disqualifies you immediately. Some people might just not have money laying around to throw at people.

I do not care at all, in fact i couldn't care less, how much you paid for the game because it is your decision BUT I wonder why I can only get the most expensive edition available on steam WITHOUT stating I get anything BUT the early access + the game. Theoretically I do not buy the extra stuff with steam because it's not written down anywhere.

But I guess I will just be one of those "non true fans" and shut it seeing as 90% (those who are excluded know it themselves and the rest is hating) of the answers just come from butthurt people that rage at my comments :)

Ps: to the guy who said it's unfair if other people pay less: Why? Can't you just say "hey I like that you bought the game to, nice that you enjoy the game like I am"?
    Last edited by a moderator: June 13, 2013
  18. thepastmaster

thepastmaster Active Member

Also, pricing it any lower would be a kick in the bean bag to the Kickstarter backer that paid that price and more to gain alpha/beta access.
  19. alexelxd

alexelxd New Member

The problem is not in your country that this value this low, more in others it rises too which prevents people buy games like here in Brazil, I was thinking of buying this Cosmic Digital Edition $ 200.00 more doing the conversion to currency here in Brazil had cost about R $ 500,00 really enjoyed the game more at this price would not love ta participate in alpha and helps to improve the game more unfortunately have to wait until the release and expects the price to fall thanks for attention.
  20. rorschachphoenix

I do not know where the problem is. Could you please explain it?
    The game is in alpha yet. You can only buy what is there.
    If you would like to preorder the game, then go to https://store.uberent.com/Store/PreOrder?titleId=4
    If you like to buy the game key, then buy the game key. (40$)
    If you like to play the beta, then buy beta access. (60$)
    If you like to play the alpha, then buy alpha access. (90$)

If you don't like to preorder (which is okay), then wait for release. This is normal, or not?

And if you don't like to buy this on uberstore, then buy it for 82,99$ on steam. If you don't want the goodies, then it is cheaper.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.