Planetary Annihilation Perks

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by garat, June 13, 2013.

1. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

This thread will stay up to date with the current status of all bonuses you get for being a Kickstarter, Pre-order, Steam Early access, etc:

Early Backer / Alpha / Beta Forums: If you are new to the forums, first thing to do is logout and log back in. If you've already bought the game, and just joined the forums, this should fix your access. PM me if you've tried this and it doesn't work. Actual logout button, folks! Closing the browser isn't the same thing. :)

Access
    Alpha: Has been sent out to everyone we know about. If you don't have your alpha yet, you either haven't bought it, or something is wrong. Email us!
    Beta: September, 2013
    Retail: December, 2013

Steam Key Exchange: http://store.uberent.com/account/MyKeys - select the key you want to change, and you will be given the option - be warned, if you do, your current UberNet acccess will be taken away until you activate the key on Steam and re-link with your UberNet account.

Alpha, Progenitor, Theta Commanders: Not yet delivered

Delta Commander: Created, but it's also our only commander, so everyone gets to use him for now until we get more commanders in!

Custom Commanders: We'll have more details on this very soon. It has been an active topic of conversation on how to get this rolling for people.

Custom Units: We'll have more details on this soon.

Soundtrack: TBD (Est. Q4 2013)
    T-shirts: TBD (Est. Q4 2013)
    Collectors Box: TBD (Est. Q4 2013)
    Reaper Minis: TBD (Est. Q4 2013)
    Art Books (Digital and physical): TBD (Est. Q4 2013)
    Posters: TBD (Est. Q4 2013)
    Statues: TBD (Est. Q4 2013)
    USB Thumb Drives: TBD (Est. Q4 2013)
  2. smallcpu

smallcpu Active Member

Are you sure we should pm you if it does work? Cause you'll be swamped with them.

I'd wager a 90$ preorder to myself that you ment doesn't. :mrgreen:
  3. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Already fixed. It was just the reflexion of a weather balloon.
  4. infowars

infowars Member

Excellent. I wish more media would be distributed via usb. Will it be read only, or have a separate read/write partition for expansions and patches?
  5. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

Oooo, Can mine be in the shape of a commander?
  6. Causeless

Causeless Member

Supposedly that's what's being done by default, though it'll probably be the Theta commander or one of the normal game commanders instead of beta/alpha/custom, as you could get the thumb drives at any pledge level.
  7. neekz0r

neekz0r New Member

For the $89 steam early release, what exactly is meant by "add-ons"? Is that all DLC's for all time? If so, how many DLC's are planned and at what price point? Or are the "add-ons" things like "Desktop Wallpapers"?

Keep in mind that I just heard about this game today. I'm trying to find an excuse to spend my money since it looks really cool.

Don't take this as complaining about the price, but if you have that high of a price tag it should be pretty crystal clear what you are getting for that price tag.
  8. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Everything included beyond the Game Key is technically an Addon, it has nothing to do with DLC.

View the Uber Store Page to see what comes in the different Editions.

Mike
  9. neekz0r

neekz0r New Member

Yeah, that's kind of my question.

What do they mean by add-on? Is a DLC considered an "add-on"? What if they rename their DLC's as "expansion packs" instead? I would like clarification on what they mean by "add-on".

In other words, $90 for a game is reasonable; if you get DLC's/expansions/whatever they want to call it for the lifetime of the game. I'd do that in a heartbeat if I knew they were planning on releasing 10 "add-ons".

If, however, I'm paying $90 and also paying $10-25 per DLC/expansion/etc, then all of a sudden it's not that reasonable.
  10. KNight

Like I said, Addons in the context of the different Editions have nothing to do with DLC.

Addons are all the things included in the different editions beyond the Game Key itself.

Mike
  11. neekz0r

neekz0r New Member

Okay. So are you speaking for this company?

I just want to clarify that the official answer is "$90 for the game as it stands. Nothing else included"
  12. KNight

Sigh, Gimme a minute to make a diagram.

Mike
  13. neekz0r

neekz0r New Member

Your diagram is meaningless if you aren't speaking for this company. Don't waste your time.

I understand what you are saying. I've reviewed what comes with the various "editions", such as wall papers and what not. I don't really care about that.

The steam post is poorly worded, when I see the word "add-ons", that to me means things like DLC's, or whatever is added on after the game is released. If it's "add-on" at or prior to the release, then it's not really "added on", is it? It was released with it.

(edit; late night grammar/word fixes)
    Last edited: June 16, 2013
  14. KNight

[​IMG]

I honestly don't think it can be made any more clear, to see how it compares to other Editions(Combat, Warfare and Cosmic) just use the Uber Store Page.

Mike
  15. neekz0r

neekz0r New Member

Lose the attitude. I'm disregarding the whole crapstorm that's on steam, trying to understand what exactly I get for the price. I'm practically yelling "Please take my money. I want to believe!" I still don't know if you can actually speak for Uber or not.

Like it or not, you are being an ambassador to this game and the culture it's going to develop; and right now all I'm seeing is that you are condescending. If you actually work for Uber, damn. That's some poor salesmenship. If you don't, why are you pretending to comment on a question of price? You are a member of the peanut gallery, not a rep of the company.

Do YOU want ME to draw YOU a diagram on why the wording is poor?
  16. KNight

And that's what I've explained, The Steam Early Access 'version' is identical to the Galactic Edition, so you get The Game key with the following Addons/Rewards/Extras;
    Pre-Order Exclusive Theta Commander
    Digital Soundtrack
    Desktop Wallpaper
    Beta Access
    Alpha Access
    Digital Artbook

The 'Add-on' terminology makes sense given the Kickstarted Nature of the project, where rewards levels generally included all the rewards from lower tiers, so each time you went up a tier it had extra 'add-ons'. At this point Uber hasn't mentioned any plans for DLC specifically, but they have commented on extensive post release support, which has the potential to include things like new units, biomes, commanders and more.

And no, I'm not affiliated to Uber in anyway, I'm just a guy that's been following them since 2007 when they were still at Gas Powered Games. If you wish to only speak to Uber staff, I would suggest contacting them directly next time by either Forum PM, an Email to Info@Uberent.com or make it clearer in the initial question that you would rather only an 'official' response to avoid confusion in the future.

Mike
  17. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

$90 includes the items listed on the Steam Early Access page and those on the Uber Store (should be the same list).

• Game Key: Access the game now, during the Beta period and after Planetary Annihilation releases.
    • Theta Commander: Commanders are at the center of your faction in PA. The Theta commander is a unique shell design only available to those who purchase the game in Early Access or pre-purchase the title at a later date. It is a distinguishing symbol of your support.
    • Soundtrack: The PA Soundtrack is the game’s score by Howard Mostrom and recorded by a live orchestra. It will be yours via digital download when the game is released.
    • Desktop Wallpaper: This is the official full release Planetary Annihilation wallpaper and will come in a variety of resolutions for you to choose. (Design to be finalized by release.)
    • Digital Artbook: From early concept sketches to full renders, this is a compilation of the art and design that went into PA.

Now your questions seem to be related more to what does the game itself actually include. For that the info check out the launch features on the Steam page or on our FAQ page here:
    http://www.uberent.com/pa/faq/

You might also try watching our original kickstarter video and the galactic war videos we did during the original kickstarter project.
    Kickstarter Trailer - http://youtu.be/FhEYvOYceNs
    Galactic War - http://youtu.be/5caRZBS9QsM

That price does not include any "DLC" in the traditional sense, apart from the Theta commander, though that is exclusive to those who purchase the game prior to it's release. I agree we haven't done a great job of advertising the alpha and what it includes, but we're also not trying to yet. The alpha is not a game that's ready for prime time release. If you're interested in watching a game develop over time, aren't bothered by playing a game that's exceptionally buggy and unbalanced, and have interest in giving us feedback on the game then the alpha may be something you'd be interested in. If not, I can't really say you'll enjoy it yet.

If you have any more questions, please ask.

And I think some of our fans have been a bit on edge lately from all the recent ... um ... passion ... we've been getting over the Steam early access pricing.
  18. Consili

Consili Member

That is a little unfair. If you would like an official word from the developers and no one else I can understand that, but if you are putting it on the general discussion forums you have to expect that other people may respond.

Knight may have become exasperated, but only after you did not accept their explanation and were a little bit stiff about it. knight was trying to help you out, you could stand to be a little less touchy about receiving it.

While I am not one of the staff I can attest to the accuracy of knight's information. Uber have not detailed any announced or planned DLC at this stage. Uber have said that they intend to have regular patches, fixes and content patches. Future DLC has not been completely ruled out to my knowledge, but it seems that updates is where the focus is at.

Oh, and staff members and moderators have coloured user names so that you can identify them :)
  19. neekz0r

neekz0r New Member

Thank you!

In the interest of constructive criticism, and not complaining, you may wish to change the wording on the Steam page. I can appreciate Uber not particuarly caring about advertising what the alpha has, but the people paying the money may. I would also lose the "add-on" terminology; it is too easily confused. You also may wish to consult a lawyer about that term, it could put you on the hook later down the road.

That being said, I can appreciate what Uber tried to do; it sounds like it was put in a no win situation. Good for them for sticking to their early supporters.
  20. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

I believe that is Valve's wording on that page, but I can see if we can get it altered.