Planetary Annihilation Models?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by megalex2014, September 7, 2015.

1. megalex2014

megalex2014 New Member

So, I've seen the newest updates, and I find the titans to be really cool, but I also want to animate these on Blender. So my question is, is there anyway to import a model from PA? Or has someone already done this? If the latter is true, then is there a link to it?
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

tatsujb likes this.
  3. megalex2014

megalex2014 New Member

Okay, I've downloaded the installer, but the thing is, I don't know the exact directory of the models, I've looked to see that there's lots of /steam directories, but I didn't download PA form steam, but rather the Ubernet.com way, idk if there's a way to get a steam version from it or even better if there's a directory of the models in the non steam version.
  4. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

c:\games\planetary annihilation\planetary annihilation\stable\media\pa\units\
    they're in the folders in that directory if you installed the game in it's default location using the uber launcher
  5. megalex2014

megalex2014 New Member

If you mean PALauncher, then that's probably why, It keeps crashing when I try opening it.
  6. maxpowerz

hmmn, do you have game installed?

PAlauncher download's the game on first run and installs game to the "C:\games\Planetary annihilation\" folder.
    To be able to edit or look at the model files PAlauncher will need to download the game first.
    If the Launcher is crashing on load then the game hasn't downloaded and you'll have no game files to look at or edit.

The PAlauncher doesn't contain any game files, it's just used to fetch the game files from Uber's server and installs them on your pc.
  7. megalex2014

megalex2014 New Member

Yeah, I've only just installed the PALauncher, but everytime I try to open it, it crashes. I'm currently working with someone else to fix this problem though.
  8. maxpowerz

I think DeathByDenim made a launcher for people who couldn't get PAlauncher running.
    I'm not sure if it's still available, but if your already working with someone I'm guessing it's DeathByDenim who's assisting you.

@DeathByDenim ,, just poking you incase you may be able to help here if your not already helping
    DeathByDenim likes this.
  9. maxpowerz

10. megalex2014

megalex2014 New Member

Yep, he's the one who just helped me, and the launcher works great.
    maxpowerz likes this.
  11. megalex2014

megalex2014 New Member

Okay, so everything is almost working properly, I say almost because there are 2 problems.
    1: Some of the "units" like the teleporter, don't import properly and ending up with something that looks nothing like it.
    2: The Titans aren't in the unit list, I'll try installing PA again and see if it works, but as of now there's nothing that comes up about the Titans, probably just the alternate launcher.

EDIT: The Titans update was on an entirely seperate file, called "pa_ex1", I'll see if some of these work.
  12. maxpowerz

All the Standard units from the base PA game are here
    c:\games\planetary annihilation\planetary annihilation\stable\media\pa\units\

All the addon unit's for Titans are in a different folder.. here
    c:\games\planetary annihilation\planetary annihilation\stable\media\pa_ex1\units\
    If you notice the addon's are in a folder named pa_ex1 --------------------^^^
  13. megalex2014

megalex2014 New Member

Edit says all, now I'm just stuck with problem #1
    Last edited: September 10, 2015
  14. maxpowerz

I hope this helps answer #1
  15. maxpowerz

Edit..
    At this point there is no way to import a papa that contains more than one mesh.. :(
    Last edited: September 9, 2015
  16. megalex2014

megalex2014 New Member

Well then I guess I have to do without them then(I really want someone to fix this issue). Also, is there by any chance the particles are just textures? Or do they have a file somewhere? Since I can't find a mesh for them.
  17. maxpowerz

depends on what particles your referring to.
    Some have models others are just textures.

the textures are usually converted to the papa format.
    A papa file can contain meshes and or textures.
  18. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

I'm available. $350 an hour but I dont wear fur.
    Last edited: September 11, 2015
  19. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

I've heard rumours that exodus will be selling bags of clopseys finest chest hair for only 3,50? I guess those are true then?
  20. megalex2014

megalex2014 New Member

I've also found that there doesn't seem to be a mesh for the planets, sore specifically the metal one, there's structures, but no actual mesh for the planet (I wanted to re-create the annihilaser).