Planet size that is classed as large?

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by joshuam303, December 21, 2015.

1. joshuam303

joshuam303 New Member

Hi I am trying to design a system for me and my friend to play on, but we do not want the celestial body mover to ruin our game so we are specifically making planet's bigger than small or medium, does anyone know who size in the system designer that planet's are no longer able to be effected by the celestial body mover? :)

Thanks in advance ^_^
    cdrkf likes this.
  2. wondible

wondible Post Master General

If you mean the Halley Delta V Rocket, the number of engines is a settable planet property, independent of planet size or mass.
    Nicb1 and cdrkf like this.
  3. ljfed

ljfed Active Member

Yeah if your talking about halleys then from memory there is a box called something like "thrusters required" and you just enter the number of halleys you want. I think 0 will disable them.
    Nicb1 likes this.
  4. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

Be fore warned though of two things.

• Bigger planets means bigger games which means longer and possibly more laggier games. Mass planet patrol 2/3K dox around a large planet will lag your game into internet hell. While I understand you are looking for an intense and exciting game a medium planet will give you the closer proximity of being able to attack and defend without having to send units and wait 30/40 sec before they can even do anything. Plus you will be able to harass your friends eco so micro and other parts of an actual RTS can come into play. (Again lag will set in after your 2K dox start patrolling.)

• For a fun multi planet experience I recommend 4/5 medium sized planets with one of them as a gas giant and all orbiting inside the asteroid belt. Anything outside that and you will have orbital travel times easily up to 4/5 real life minutes which can be just like the large planet lag fests. Just like the previous comment closer proximity will give you that actual RTS intense fight I know you are looking for.
    TLDR LARGER PLANETS OR #OF PLANETS DOES NOT EQUAL MORE FUN JUST LAGGIER GAME PLAY. IT'S HOW YOU USE WHAT YOU GOT THAT COUNTS ;)