Placeable reclaim

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by tommybananas, August 25, 2015.

1. tommybananas

tommybananas Active Member

Hey guys, I was curious if now that wreckage have been added back in. Will it become possible to add in wreckages to maps so at the start of matches you can have for example a mass deposit in the center of the map encouraging risky plays to claim as much of the free mass to boost your early game and other stratagems to help increase the diversity of early game openings. (I know energy is the main constraint early game currently but extra mass is always nice ha)
    What's your thoughts ?
  2. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

I would love to have this as CSG pallet in the map editor. Adding dead titans with metal in them would be cool.
    xankar and burntcustard like this.
  3. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

can't you reclaim the unit cannon wreck that spawns ingame already?
  4. huangth

huangth Active Member

I believe it is totally possible to add wreckage into the map, but I dislike this idea.
    When playing a custom map, I think only the host or someone who already has played the map can know where the wreckage is. And I think this is quite unfair.

Another problem is all or nothing.
    Even if the player of both sides know where the wreckage is.
    This forces both sides of players must rush to the wreckage, and it limits other strategy.
    Moreover, the side who fights but loses the wreckage has very high chance to lose.
    I don't think this is an enjoyable design to make the game win or lose only depends on early game.
  5. stevenrs11

stevenrs11 Active Member

Its also possible to place reclaim near the players spawns for an early metal boost that both players get.
  6. wondible

wondible Post Master General

It's possible to make features (trees, rocks, or other models like unit cannon wreckage) reclaimable. However metal spots are the only features which can be placed in a controlled way. Doing anything via custom biome types requires great care when setting up lobbies.

With sandbox mode script could spawn in units that immediately die, or kill them. Now you've got two problems: managing all that, and keeping people from abusing sandbox mode.
    aevs likes this.