Peripheral interface problems

Discussion in 'Support!' started by slev01, June 7, 2013.

1. slev01

slev01 New Member

Due to wrist & forearm damage (ahh, my crazy, miss-spent youth), I use a marble mouse and don't have a scroll wheel. Even if I did, they physically hurt to use.

How in Mavor's name do I zoom without the scroll wheel? Is there some kind of keyboard shortcut?

Yeah, serves me right for having non-standard peripherals...
  2. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

As of right now I'm unsure there is a way to do so using hotkeys.
    Give me a moment to boot up and check my suspicions.

Edit: I'm afraid that after rolling my face on the keyboard I can confirm that there is no way to zoom in or out without a mouse wheel at present.

I also managed to crash PA by doing so... so hey! New bug report! Not a total loss :p
  3. slev01

slev01 New Member

*grumbling*

Thanks Nanolathe!

Well, there goes my plans for the weekend then. Guess I'll have to be social or some such.

The game is technically playable, but with no way to zoom, it's not practical.

Hell, even mapping the + and - buttons would work for me, if there is a way to do it!
  4. laseek

laseek New Member

iirc - There's a util called autohotkey which can map the mouse to the keyboard.
  5. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

This. Outside of the game, on your computer itself, download some software to run and turn + and - into "scrollup" and "scrolldown" for you. Then, enter the game and try using + and - now. It should work inside your game as it runs independently of your game.
  6. slev01

slev01 New Member

Thx guys. Managed to find a utility. Zooming is jumpy as hell, but at least I can play!