PCMRatings PA reviews

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by xanoxis, June 27, 2015.

1. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

http://www.pcmrating.com/games/planetary-annihilation

We can now review PA on this new site created by subreddit pcmasterrace and also control if anything is false. (For example I strongly disagree with only review that says there is no mod support AT ALL, I mean, what?!). Also lets keep it true and nice for everybody.
    Last edited: July 12, 2015
    cwarner7264 and xankar like this.
  2. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

I don't mean to put this down harshly, but anything borne of reddit generally doesn't end fantastically well.
    cwarner7264, g0hstreaper and Nicb1 like this.
  3. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

"No mod support" - dafuq?
  4. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

lol, No Mod Support? More Morons. XD
  5. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

As with any rating system I was afraid that the less informed and trolls would take to it just to hate on a game.
    The no mod support bull that they claim for pa has to be fixed. Maybe contact the guys running it via email? (Although it may take a while to get through to them due to the flood of stuff they are receiving atm)

EDIT:
    People arent going to rate a game based on how good it is on the PC, they are still going to be stupid and continue rating it by how much they like the game itself. I can guarantee that you'll find games in the future that support everthing in the glorious category but it'll get mediocre or lower because people dont like the game itself.

EDIT2:
    This is yet another argument to support Uber (or a related third party) unlocking the PA moddb page, so people can actually upload there mods there and have more people know about them.
    Last edited: June 28, 2015
    cdrkf likes this.
  6. Crembels

Crembels Member

Guys its been updated! We're now "Righteous".

Bunch of posts under there correcting the previous infomation.
    cdrkf and Nicb1 like this.
  7. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

No OBVIOUS mod support I'd say.

It does need some research to find PAMM, and the wealth and awesome it offers. It would be massively beneficial to the game I think if either PAMM or something of the sorts would be integrated into the main menu of the game, so people who don't browse forums and such would have it right in front of them.
  8. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

I just Googled "planetary annihilation mod" out of sheer curiosity. An section and an article on pamatches.com about mods and how to install them are the top two results and the third is the Mod Discussions subforum.

I've never expect any mods for a game to be 'made obvious', although you are correct in the sense that there isn't a 'mod' section in the game anywhere. But that's true for most games. I've always gone out and sought mods for myself. That is kind of the very nature of mods!

I think Uber have said before that they can't integrate or link PAMM from the game due to legal reasons (gah!), which is rather disappointing. But it takes minimal effort to find and install a mod for PA. PAMM makes it incredibly easy. I remember having to edit ui_mod_list.js myself!
    Nicb1 likes this.
  9. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Just letting you guys know that I've put my own review up there. Tried hard to avoid involving personal bias due to me liking the game and mainly stuck to talking about the actual experience with the PC options (As always there is probably still some level of bias present). As a result my review is the lengthiest there so far and hopefully I've given an accurate representation of the listed aspects of the game.

EDIT:
    Here's hoping I don't come across as a hardcore fanboy even though I like the game :)

Edit2:
    Wtf I updated my review and it changed all my preferences to mediocre. Lucky I saw that, I had to put in everything again. So beware if you edit your written review your choices will be reset to mediocre.
    Last edited: June 28, 2015
  10. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

>Reddit reviews PA
    >Stay true to it
    >This will end well

*Pulls out popcorn and moves into flame proof bunker* Okay have fun!
    cdrkf likes this.
  11. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

R rating seems better. Also, any vote with -3 and below is not counting to the overall score.
  12. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

Average Rating
    • Resolution: Supports 1080p with multi-monitor support

I still cant find any ingame support for multi-monitor so this is BS. And no I don't count the mods made for it as support.
  13. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Yeah the info isn't accurate. PA officially support single monitors up to 1440p. It *doesn't* officially support 4k, and doesn't have official multi monitor support.
  14. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

15. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

I just LOVE how many F-ing morons are saying theres no Mod Support STILL.

My guess is, those people dont use forums or their brains at all :p
    Nicb1 likes this.
  16. PeggleFrank

PeggleFrank Active Member

I spent about 5 minutes typing up something on why this is an absolutely awful idea, but I should probably ask first.

When you say you can "control if anything is false," does that mean we can completely remove a review if it's factually incorrect?
  17. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

It's not officially supported, but several users have reported playing on at least 3 monitors and can be played on 4k, though in windowed, not fullscreen. We'd still like to work on this.
    cdrkf, Remy561 and zihuatanejo like this.
  18. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

I went on there to rate the game, but those drop downs are as poorly thought out as the average forum poll.
    Last edited: June 30, 2015
    cdrkf, stuart98 and Nicb1 like this.
  19. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Any review with less than -3 votes will not be counted.

Everyone, downvote EVERYTHING that doesn't say official support for mods.

We are one vote away from them counting on two or three of them.

EDIT: New link: http://www.pcmrating.com/games/planetary-annihilation
    Last edited: July 1, 2015
  20. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

"Mods:No support/May result in online bans" :confused:
    Kinda sad that they combined these two into one answer. It makes modding sound scary.
    xankar likes this.