PC-style crosshairs

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by Epiphenomenon, December 14, 2010.

1. Epiphenomenon

Epiphenomenon New Member

The crosshairs in the 360 version look very console-ish. Can we please have PC-style crosshairs as an option in the PC version? :)
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

There is an Accuracy endorsement in the game so maybe that has something to do with the crosshairs. During the PC Beta trailer you'll see the same reticules as the console version.
  3. PKC

PKC New Member

Yes please!! Reticles for gamepads dont suit mouse play.
  4. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Doesn't TF2 do the same kind of thing, where the crosshair is determined by the weapon and accuracy? I think the heavy's minigun crosshair is similar to the gunner's, at least
  5. F5in

F5in New Member

How do the crosshairs looks consoley? What the hell? >_>
    Different weapons have different crosshairs. More accuracy = tighter crosshair (for most weapons)
  6. PKC

PKC New Member

For instance, the big round crosshair (which I believe is for a shotgun?) has been common in console shooters since halo.
  7. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Tiny spec of blu-tac (pun). Put it in the middle of the screen. Hilariously good fun in Hardcore Call of Duty.

But yeah, smaller and more precise crosshairs please.
  8. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Not all crosshairs are circular in the game.
  9. PKC

PKC New Member

We appreciate that.
  10. F5in

F5in New Member

They're like that for a reason, what else would you have? the circle also represents the spread of the weapon, so not having it would be weird.
  11. PKC

PKC New Member

Ones that look as if they were designed with the mouse & precision in mind, not the gamepad clumsy-ness.
  12. F5in

F5in New Member

Could you give an example of a crosshair with the mouses speed and precision in mind? I'm not trying to argue just to argue, I just honestly don't understand what you're talking about.
  13. PKC

PKC New Member

Quake 3 and the original rogue spear crosshairs were great. its hard to think of any off-hand because games these days primarily focus on iron-sights (at least the shooters I play).

I dont need a gaping massive circle so I know the shotgun has spread.
  14. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

They reflect the precision of the weapon.. almost all of them have some random spread

Still, it wouldn't hurt to have an option to override everything with a basic cross
  15. F5in

F5in New Member

Ah, the reason I couldn't understand is because it doesn't reflect the weapon's spread. I think you have a good idea, perhaps a feature where you can choose default crosshairs or a range of other ones.
  16. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

The spread in PC games is usually indicated by the distance of the parts of the crosshairs. That is until the tsunami of iron sights hit us right in the face... :D
  17. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

I'm going to squash this one right now. I have no plans on redoing the crosshairs for PC. Weapons that need more aiming show a dot of some kind at the center of the screen, the circle around shows the accuracy of each weapon. The size of the dot scales with the resolution, so higher res screens will show a smaller dot.

Unlike many recent fps games, the first shot of a weapon isn't any more accurate than successive shots; every shot is equally inaccurate from the same weapon and endorsement quality.

The sniper rifle is once situation where I can see why people would want a super accurate center dot when not zoomed in for quick zooming shots, but this is intentionally absent. You're free to add a dot on your screen like the old days of PC gaming, but it might not be as effective as you think it would be for this weapon.
  18. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

Lol.
  19. PKC

PKC New Member

Well, thanks for the communication.
  20. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

im sorry but its a silly question to ask this as what was said above...why have a tiny cross when maybe 1 bullet is going to hit it? its pointless, adapt to what they give you..