PC Release

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by Sorian, August 28, 2010.

1. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

I am certain this has been asked before, but I couldn't find the answer. Any plans for a PC release of MNC?

Feel free to PM, email, or just call with the answer of you don't want to reply here :)
  2. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Hi Sorian, how are you?

While we are on the topic of unannounced projects, I hope you are on the team if GPG makes Demigod II. A though AI would be really nice!
  3. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Doing great. Loving my job. This is what I was born to do, for sure.

I would love to be able to do Demigod 2. I think Demigod is a fun game with a great potential, but had some issues early on and was not patched enough. If we get the opportunity to do Demigod 2, and do it right, it could be fantastic.
  4. Col_Jessep

Word, the German top players enjoyed playing vs. your AI. And usually they would not even consider playing against the AI in a million years. :D And your work on the Demigod patches was awesome too, thank you! I would probably have quit playing a lot sooner if it wasn't for your improvements!

I hope you will bring back the 10 original Demigods, they are just too beautiful to be moth-balled! Besides, Unclean Beast is just too cute to resist...
  5. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Wow, that is quite the compliment. Hopefully they find it even better after 1.16.

I have no idea what the plan would be. It would be nice to have the original 10 plus another 10 new ones, in my opinion. Mostly, I would like to polish the heck out of the gameplay. I have some great ideas for improving the Demigod concept and would love the opportunity to implement them, as well as make a killer AI :).
  6. Col_Jessep

Nothing but the truth. I think there are a lot of players who enjoy Supcom2 significantly more because of your AI improvements. New graphic stuff gets old but a good AI is timeless... ;)

Glad to hear it! I think the Demigod AI might be even a greater challenge because the situations can change so fast. One flag lock, stun or teleport and you are looking at a whole new situation. 'Let's cap that flag' turns into 'ZOMG, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!' so quickly... :D

I hope we will see the AI Overlord and your plans for advanced threat assessment in DG2, that would help the AI a lot I think. The Demigod AI always sent out single demigods without backup or support. That made it very easy to pick them off one by one. And maybe you could make use of certain powerful combinations like Rook and UB in the nightmare AI? Boulder roll, grasp, hammer slam, spit - works like a charm... :twisted:
  7. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

Yes! More pressure on GPG to make Demigod 2!

Original 10 plus 10 with all the polish you want Sorian would be amazing.