PC Port: Priorities

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Col_Jessep, April 5, 2010.

1. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

If (when!!!) MNC gets ported to PC what are the most important features for you, what needs the devs focus?

For me it would be mouse control. I have played several console port shooters on the PC but if the mouse feels imprecise, sluggish or like a gamepad I quit playing in the first minutes. Kane & Lynch got its death sentence after a 2 minutes play test on a friends PC. Do not want!

Console circle menus can work for some games (Crysis suit control was okay) but it would be nice to have an alternative set of keys or mouse selection just in case.

What would you focus on? (PC snobs only in this thread pls! ;))
  2. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

You can't just decide who posts in a topic and who doesn't. I thought a forum was for topics that EVERYBODY can discuss?

Anyway, did you say that you'd prefer to play with a gamepad?

Same preference here, I recently bought Rayman 3 for the fun of it and it controls TERRIBLY unless I managed to use my Xbox 360 controller for it. I'll need to get an adaptor for that.

Then again, I don't need it for other games I play that require mostly ALL keyboard keys. Like Torchlight, for example.
  3. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

You will have to forgive me because I'm not a PC snob, But when a game that is developed for both PC and console its not necessarily the console guys fault that it has bad controls/sensitivity. Ive played many games that have been for both PC and console and you guys are not the only ones that suffer from bad controls/sensitivity, I would say its the developers fault (No offence to any developers reading) because they just haven't got the controls just right. I could name a few examples of PC/console games that have good/bad controls/sensitivity but I should get back on topic.

Back on topic: I have to agree with you on the mouse control and perhaps a server list to find games, If there is anything else to think of i'm sure Uber has already thought of it and will do a good job of porting it.
  4. TheJustinIsALie

His thread, His rules.
  5. Col_Jessep

It was a request. It would only confuse the discussion and wouldn't help the developers. This thread is supposed to help the Uber guys to decide on what to focus on for a PC port. Besides, it looks like you both have a PC too... ;)
  6. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Well, notebook, where the only games that run on it are the games that game out before 2010. Except for newer games, mind you. Example, Torchlight and Plants VS Zombies.

Which I SUGGEST you play a demo of.
  7. Col_Jessep

PvZ was great for a few days but it's way too easy after a while. but now back to topic please!

Good point and maybe clan/group auto-matchmaking. That was something I sorely missed in Demigod. It was almost impossible to play with friends or people you knew at the end, even when we split up our team!
  8. Hildogen

Hildogen New Member

I wouldn't say I demand them, but dedicated servers are always nice.
  9. magnusrex

magnusrex New Member

In my opinion there will need to be new things added to a pc version and not have the game just be a port. While you may have a limit with XBLA, you do not have as much of a restriction on the PC. This is not to say that you should just screw over the 360 version in favor of the PC version, but there would be plenty of room for expansion for the game like maps, game modes, and w/e...and it would be a good reason for a repurchase of the game for some if they got the game previously on the Xbox 360 and wanted to get the pc version
  10. TheJustinIsALie

Oh yes cant believe I forgot about clans they are good, Most xbox games don't have clan systems anymore I hope MNC does.