[PA] System made for a Fight

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by prophetosiris, February 15, 2016.

1. prophetosiris

prophetosiris New Member

So, I played PA for a good few hours. I'm really enjoying it.

However, I find it lacking a bit in certain areas to the point where I don't get these glorious victories that I want.

When I'm not losing to an incredibly fast building AI, I'm winning against them on the exact terms. Incredibly adept at building and expanding to the point where as I'm building WMDs to finish the fight, I send in a cloud of 30-40 bombers and win the match in seconds.

I don't like playing with sub commanders because I could literally wait out the game, and my sub commander will win the fight for me. Every time. 3 out of 10 accounts for victory alongside a sub commander were actually me dealing the finishing blow. Those times were done with a nuke, of which the commander's health was at about 1/4th, by artillery cannon, which took the commander out as my sub commander leveled his base, and the last was a bit malicious. Spotted a metal planet and raced over there. Using 10 advanced fab vehicles, built a literal ton of advanced resource miners and advanced energy plants, then built 5 catalysts in about 4 minutes to kill an entire planet housing 1, an enemy commander at 2/3rd health, and 2, a sub commander at full health.

I hate how there is only ever 1 planet to fight over, and on the off chance, a system spawns with 2 or 3 planets, of which only one needs to be conquered to win. I can't fight over all the planets.

So, I ask for help. I want to play a game where I can fight across 15 planets versus 14 other commanders in a free for all, in one system, no metal planets, and a few gas giants. Or rather between 4 and 6 commanders across those planets. No more than one commander of any faction on a planet.

I've conquered an entire galaxy already, and I still have never come across an enemy who tried to nuke me, rendering the anti-nuke defense system worthless. I haven't even played a real fight.
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Galactic War AI is weak sauce for some reason. Do skirmish set to absurd instead.
    tunsel11 likes this.