PA really laggy on powerful laptop...

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by RustyMember, June 8, 2013.

1. RustyMember

RustyMember New Member

so i just intalled PA and i get about 13 FPS. normally i can play battlefield 3 on ultra with 40 FPS. i guess its because its in alpha, but everyone else i play with have over 40 FPS...
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

If you want to get better performance in future builds please post information about your hardware (especially GPU manufacturer and model), so developers will know what's hardware have performance problems.
  3. mistercheif

mistercheif Member

Have you tried a new game? I've noticed that it will sometimes just be very glitchy and run slow - my first game I only got 5-6 fps, but in my second I was getting 20-30fps.
  4. Loegi

Loegi Member

It's because it's alpha. I get 13fps with decent-ish hardware I think (3.something GHz quadcore with a HD5850 and 20GB of RAM (don't ask)). Besides, laptops weren't designed for gaming, and a I think have quite special hardware which is probably not going to be well supported in Alpha.

And you're comparing a really well optimized game to a terribly, probably not even tried to optimized game. If you expected similar performance, you expected wrong.
  5. anora

anora New Member

I agree whit this
  6. Cheeseless

Cheeseless Member

Yep, so far optimization is so low on the checklist it clips through the map and ends up in the solar system view (there's some hotkey for it i found, but you can't get back into the game)
  7. antillie

antillie Member

I am a bit curious what CPU and GPU your laptop has. 40 FPS in Battlefield 3 is really on the low end side for a modern system.
  8. DrognaN

DrognaN New Member

Make sure that PA acutally uses your dedicated gpu and not the integrated graphics. Had low fps as well till I forced PA to use the dedicated gpu.
  9. Nelec

Nelec Member

Yes, it would be useful if could actually tell us your specs please.