PA Mods Typos 6/4/15

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by stuart98, June 4, 2015.

1. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

@bsergent Logical Changes (Both server and galactic war) is missing a quote after the base spec in the laser defense advanced weapon.

@Ksgrip For the base flak ammo spec in Complete Unit Roster, there are two right braces where they shouldn't be that are breaking the file. Remove both them and the whole fx offset array, that is AFAIK both useless and unneeded. There's also an extra right brace in ammo/modx/shell/ax_shell.json that needs removal.

@KillerKiwiJuice You've got a harmless extra brace at the end of your bot factory in Ant4Lyfe and Dox4Lyfe that's annoying me. Fix pl0x. On something that isn't harmless, you're missing a comma after a brace in the pelter ammo file in BetterCommBoxing that's breaking it. You've also got another harmless extra brace at the end of the skitter ammo in BCBM.

@tHeTrOpHySyStEm You've got backslashes in the death weapon field of the boom bot in TotalRedux instead of forward slashes. That's bad and you should feel bad.

@s03g There's an extra brace somewhere in the tank_heavy_killer json file that breaks it in funmod.
  2. s03g

s03g Member

@stuart98 thank you for the heads up, it's been fixed :)
  3. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

woooh I'm not on the list :)
    stuart98 and elodea like this.
  4. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

The pelter was purposely removed from BCBM.

And about the extra braces.... Stuart do you have OCD ;)
  5. stuart98

No, but they come up when I do reformat.pys to find these typos and then I have to fix them.
  6. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Thanks telling us whats need to be redone. I didn't reaƱise those were there. Right now I have little time so it will have to wait. But i have to ask. Did you go to every single mod searching for typos without a real reason?. I mean what's the point?
  7. elodea

elodea Post Master General

I'm somewhat surprised that i'm not on the naughty list lol.
    stuart98 likes this.
  8. stuart98

No, all I did was use the python-based json reformat tool and see where it broke because the files were broken.
  9. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

You scrubs need to start generating your JSON with scripts instead. No syntax errors woooh. jks.
    stuart98 likes this.
  10. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

or have the debugger console open and pa stats installed. It parses all unit files on startup and makes a notification in the log if it finds invalid ones.
    dom314 likes this.
  11. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Does that even work since the last update? I never updated it when the game made the last syntax changes after it that moved some weapon/fabrication stats to the unit.
    Last edited: June 6, 2015
  12. bsergent

bsergent Active Member

Hey thanks for helping! I'm not exactly sure what you mean, are you working from the current version and if the error is still there can you paste me the code I need to change in which file?

I recently had to replace the triple laser tower folder entirely. And I found out my original unit files were not being updated for some reason. /sigh

P.S. Is your objective to train new coders or to make modding accessible to non-coders? People should think about that before giving code advice, (Script, debuggers, logs, etc) As opposed to making feature requests/plans which would catch repair and obviate the types of errors under discussion :)

P.P.S. All my edits are done in notepad++ with the json plugin. I have no real understanding of what I am looking at hehe. Mostly I just find values and change them :)
    Last edited: June 6, 2015