PA.exe has stopped working (build 49122)

Discussion in 'Support!' started by genouious, June 7, 2013.

1. genouious

genouious Member

I downloaded the launcher and installed all files to the locations the installer suggested. Yet it keeps returning the same response "PA.exe has stopped working". I've tried running as admin, and loading up the exe from the PA folder. I am running 64 bit windows.

Please help, I've been following this for so long..22. :(
  2. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

3. genouious

genouious Member

Tryed both, but I apparently have them already installed. I found an earlier post on an earlier build with an identical problem an admin replied with this statement.

"So I'm fairly certain this is related to it trying to use the internal GPU instead of the ATI GPU. You need to force it on using your driver and try that. We are trying to work with ATI to figure out a better solution."

There was no response so I assumed it worked, so.... how do you "force on" a driver.

I'm using an ATI Radeon 3200 hd graphics card
  4. laseek

laseek New Member

Check the bios settings and make sure any onboard gpu is disabled. Not all bios's allow you to turn 'em off. Make sure your monitor is connected to the right device :)
    It should then boot with the addon card only and (in-theory) the built in card shouldn't be visible.
    If that doesn't help - try using the device manager and setting the on-board card as disabled & reboot.
  5. rossv

rossv New Member

I had the same issue and fixed it by jumping into Nvidia Control Panel and forcing the executable to run on the dedicated card. Hopefully you can do something similar!
  6. Bpol21

Bpol21 New Member

Wait what did you do exactly? Because i am having the same crash and i dont know how to fix it.
  7. banthor

banthor New Member

I have the same issue.

I also have an AMD/ATI graphics card (HD5850), but I do not have any onboard graphics, therefore there is no other adapter that could be selected.

I had previously opened a ticket (#165) in the tracking system, about this. If we find out more info on this, I will add it there.
  8. genouious

genouious Member

I'm running an ATI graphics card, thus I don't have the control panel.

I tried disabling the display adapter, I assume that is what you mean, and rebooting but the same error cropped up. I assumed even if it did work there would be another error, due to there being no display adapter, but it was the same. Therefore I don't think that the graphics card is the issue.

Also I could not find the GPU in the BIOS.
  9. mannoroth0913

mannoroth0913 New Member

I'm having the exact same problem with an AMD graphics card as well (HD4770)
  10. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

This is a good thread to use as an example of how you can help us help you. IN cases like this (win 64), it is almost definitely a system setup issue. The more knowledge you can provide about your system, and the more knowledge you have about your system, the easier it will be to figure things out.

This is the type of situation where you are in the right place (bug tracker will not be useful for this kind of issue), but you need to provide as much information as possible (if you attach a DXdiag, PLEASE attach it, do NOT copy and paste into your post, or I'll delete it because GAH MY EYES. :)
  11. voelkel

voelkel New Member

I have Windows 7 and a Radeon HD4870. I was having the same issue with it not loading until I updated the drivers on my graphics card. I was able to play for a little bit before it froze and produced the same error message
  12. genouious

genouious Member

How would I perform a DXdiag?

Found this out, dismiss this...
    Last edited: June 7, 2013
  13. banthor

banthor New Member

It now works for me - am in the game right now.

Issure resolved after updating to a very recent new driver version (13-4_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql.exe). After installing it PA.exe no longer crashed.

Previously I believe to have been on version 13.1 of the catalyst driver.

I requested to close the ticket.
  14. Bpol21

Bpol21 New Member

This happens to me and do not know how to fix it or what to do. Ill attach my info

Attached Files:

15. genouious

genouious Member

Attached Files:

16. Bpol21

Bpol21 New Member

That link doesnt work for me so im still stuck
  17. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Well, that link may not work for your drivers, but first step, everyone should be running on their latest and greatest drivers for their system, especially video card drivers.
  18. mannoroth0913

mannoroth0913 New Member

I've updated my graphics card repeatedly with no results, it continues to crash as soon as I click play
  19. banthor

banthor New Member

Try the following direct download link for the newest AMD driver, the one above will not work because of AMD bad website:
    http://www2.ati.com/drivers/13-4_win7_w ... c_whql.exe

Actually I had the newest driver. This new one was only released last week (29 May).
  20. banthor

banthor New Member

Do you have the same symptoms as we have and are you also using an AMD graphics card and did you also update to the new driver mentioned above?