PA Alpha Build: 50083

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, June 26, 2013.

1. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Current Build: 50083
    Date: June 26th, 2013

- Windows Versions: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 (64 & 32 bit)
    - Mac OX/S: 10.7 & 10.8 - Please try again if you haven't played in a while! Mac stability is drastically improved
    - Linux: Ubuntu 12.04 & 13.04 (And derivatives); See here for other distro's that are working (Need alpha forum access) (viewtopic.php?f=73&t=48673)

If you are playing on Linux or Mac at this early stage, please join us on the forums for discussion and ongoing bug fixes. These builds are still very early. If you don't wish to play through steam for them, you can download directly from http://uberent.com/launcher/padownloads - Mac and Linux only, these are full build until we get our stand alone launcher working.

Build 50083:
    - 32 Bit Windows Support: Download the launcher or via steam, and the executable should automatically detect your OS, preferentially choosing 64 bit if available
    - Mac build should be significantly more playable now; Please report new problems to viewforum.php?f=73
    - Auto weapon tick sped up again
    - Subs should move now; Underwater is weird
    - Sound cues for various states (low metal, low energy, commander under attack, C and F to select commander/fabbers)
    - Balance changes

Some notes on known working distributions of Linux:
    - Ubuntu 12.04 / 13.04
    - Linux Mint 14 / 15
    - ArchLinux 64bit: Symlink libudev.so.1 to libudev.so.0 workaround still required
    - debian stable (wheezy) - newer libc6 needed
    - debian testing (jessie) - no modifications
    - Gentoo x64 with open-source radeon r600 driver -- also ok. All the graphic stack is from the unstable (~) tree, mesa and LLVM from the git with the r600 LLVM compiler enabled. Apart from libudev fix -- no special treatment was involved, just the standard 3D hardware support.
  2. Vernam7

Vernam7 Member

thanks for the new build

just one question, is it "normal" the the welcome video no longer works when you click the alpha logo, and gives you blue decals? was the video removed on purpose?
  3. rxshorty

rxshorty New Member

Thanks for this release.
    Will try to play it on my Linux with AMD system now.

Still not playable :(
    Glitcy black square around the mouse if Tearing is off.
    With Tearing on... black flickering.
    Last edited: June 26, 2013
  4. shandlar

shandlar Member

10 minutes an raevn hasn't delineated the balance changes yet.

My world is shaken.
  5. themine12

themine12 New Member

The mac download is not working, its telling me the specified key does not exist :/
  6. garat

Are you attempting to download from home or a known network? Also, Steam or Direct Download? (I'm trying now on my MacBook)
  7. thetdawg3191

thetdawg3191 Active Member

subs can move again eh? does this mean we can finally get some under-sea action?
  8. themine12

themine12 New Member

Cant find the proper way to update through steam, so through direct download that I put into the steamapps folder (steamapps/common/Planetary Annhiliation and replace the old PA launcher with the new one) and through my home network
  9. themine12

themine12 New Member

Nevermind working now thanks!
  10. garat

Forcing a Steam update just means closing Steam and re-opening. Should just auto patch (Steam isn't really built to support a game patching every day or two ;)
  11. themine12

themine12 New Member

oh, ok thanks!
  12. garat

Also, download appeared to work fine, so I'd love to know what you were seeing.
  13. smallcpu

smallcpu Active Member

Building spacing got fixed, wohoo. Neat bases again for me. :D

Also, placing buildings on an invalid location doesn't deselect the placement anymore, happy spamming of clicking now. :D
  14. garat

Building placement still needs a serious pass so all buildings are more consistent, but walls, energy plants and metal extractors should be a lot less annoying now.
  15. themine12

themine12 New Member

Turns out I didnt close the page on Chrome so a screenshot is attached, and GREAT build guys, really solved the issue!

Attached Files:

16. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I am getting pretty hard fps spikes between 15 and below 5 now in the late game. At least that was the case in the last 2 games I played. Weird.
  17. liamdawe

liamdawe Active Member

Lag is really quite horrible when moving lots of units and tends to ruin games for me, I hope that is the next priority!
  18. cola_colin

Those fps spikes are new to me. Build 50000 was fine.
  19. garat

Fixes to the rendering pipeline that made Mac playable had some deleterious effects on overall performance. Pinbender is currently working on getting the overall graphics performance back to where it was. :)
  20. cola_colin

evil mac then :p
    also the new mass spots are even harder to see on moons