PA 1.0 Release Promo - Call to Arms

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by zaphodx, September 5, 2014.

1. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

This is it guys, 15 months after the first alpha version in June 2013 we are here at 1.0 Gold release. Such a long journey with so many incremental patches and amazing games along the way. With such an incredible amount of hard work from Uber, they have built a game engine from scratch and created this quite wonderful RTS we have in front of us today.

This my friends is a call to arms. Set aside whatever gripes and worries and concerns you have, we’re here now and if you truly want PA to succeed then you will do whatever you can to help promo PA and get people in here with us to annihilate some planets!

Today I released an awesome video from the final game of day 2 in the Uber booth at PAX. It’s an awesome game where both teams fight tooth and nail across multiple planets with invasions, counter invasions and a clutch finish where both teams rush game enders to annihilate with epic style. This is the type of game from the release version we want for people to see how amazing, dynamic, exciting and fun this game can be.

I never usually beg for likes but this time I’m asking for you to do whatever you can to help promote videos like this that show people just how awesome this game is. Wanna help? Watch the video, that helps. Like the video, that helps. Leave ANY comment, that helps. And finally, share it on facebook, twitter, RTS forums – wherever you can. This goes for any great PA video coming out right about now, let’s do our very best to support PA content creators and show people why they should be buying this game!

Aside from helping promote videos like this, share PA with your friends, get this game out there, everywhere. Let’s smash Planetary Annihilation into the Steam top sellers list guys, I know we can do this.

See you on the battlefield Commanders.

Much love,

ZaphodX
    Last edited: September 5, 2014
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

I'm organizing Community stream.

It'll be epic.
    Last edited: September 7, 2014
    drz1, Remy561 and cdrkf like this.
  3. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Sending to my 11,500 twitter followers now. There has to be at least a few neuroscientists who want to smash planets into each other. Keep us posted with any other promo materials and i'll pass those along as well.
  4. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

I think this is a good time to get all that stuff I helped organize started.

It'll be awesome :D
  5. shootall

shootall Active Member

I did something similar in a thread on r/linux_gaming, feel free to join in

edit: ok no link
    philoscience likes this.
  6. philoscience

I can't find the thread in /r/games - don't link it directly or Reddit will penalize it for thread invasion - but I think a link to @ZaphodX's profile will work?

Edit - a search for "planetary" in /r/games for today only reveals nothing - I think it may have been automoderated.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  7. philoscience

cwarner7264, zaphodx and shootall like this.
  8. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Maybe we can sell this to university's as an interactive physics simulation investigating complex planetary interactions?
    lapsedpacifist, drz1 and philoscience like this.
  9. philoscience

I call dibs on the first fMRI study of the impact of planet smashing on your brain!
    lapsedpacifist, pizwitch and cdrkf like this.
  10. philoscience

I'm almost certain your /r/games thread was auto-deleted @ZaphodX as it doesn't appear in search or new.
  11. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Yup unfortunately reddit is like that. Someone else will have to post it I think
  12. philoscience

Look for my user profile - /user "philoscience" for a post in /gaming
  13. philoscience

Sadly looks like your link was already moderated out @shootall - we're gettin slaughted here
  14. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Wait, thefuck? Why does reddit does this, as I don't understand that pieceoshit...
    cptconundrum likes this.
  15. philoscience

I increasingly hate reddit. I'm a legit neuroscientist employed at a top 5 uni and every single post I've made to /r/science gets moderated out and then reposted to the front page within 5 minutes. It's all about having an inside connect to a big mod.
    cptconundrum, drz1 and Jaedrik like this.
  16. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

No point in me trying, I don't know a big mod.

If I did, I'd slip him a little something to his paypal for allowance.

Hey, fight bastard with bastard. I bet doing that, you'd accomplish something on reddit.
  17. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I'll give it a go when I'm back in the office. I've got some fairly active Reddit accounts, one of which moderates a large sub, so I should be able to get through the filters.

Vote manipulation, astroturfing and spam are serious problems in the larger reddits, so it can be a pain to get noticed in them.

EDIT: check the sidebar rules in /r/Games - I think video submissions are frowned upon. I'll have a proper look into it when I'm back in the office.
  18. feyder

feyder Member

Great game :D Can't believe they hit all 3 Commanders with the moon haha!
  19. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

:confused:
  20. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

that video was really Awesome!
    cdrkf likes this.