Overview icons... too large?

Discussion in 'Support!' started by aworldnervelink, June 8, 2013.

1. aworldnervelink

aworldnervelink New Member

I wanted to hear what others think of the overview icons that appear on top of units and structures when the viewpoint is zoomed out. In my opinion they are too large and detailed, and they make the planet look very busy when zoomed far out. I think SupCom had it just about right with small, simple shapes that are easy to identify at a glance. Opinions?
  2. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

It's certainly a maddening cluster when zoomed out if you're looking at a base. I'm sure they'll make em a bit smaller in another patch.
  3. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

Strat icons need to be scaled down while tooltip text needs to be scaled up
  4. ToastAndEggs

ToastAndEggs Member

Yes they just keep expanding, after a point they need to stop.
  5. krashkourse

krashkourse Member

It all becomes one big icon and it sucks
  6. osirus9

osirus9 Member

I agree.

Also did anybody else notice that the naval units use the secondary color for their icons instead of the primary? Also the icon for the advanced torpedo launcher is messed up and WAY bigger than all the other icons.
  7. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

Yeah, the Icons should get smaller as you zoom out. Supreme Commander didn't have this because it didn't really need it, but PA's scale will require this in all practicality.

On the topic of icons, (for future changes, I know stability is Uber's primary focus right now), they are obtrusively large at any zoom level right now, and should be scaled down. I would also like to suggest that Icons have 3 colors; Primary Team Color, Secondary Team Color, and a significant hue translation (something like +-50 or +-75) of both the team colors combined. This should maximize visibility and readability, which was an issue in Supreme Commander if you had an exceptionally dark teamcolor.