Overtime Degrades Game?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by Polynomial, August 14, 2010.

1. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

Anyone else get the feeling that overtime boils down to buying juice and rushing the other side with little to no strategy involved?
  2. nailhead04

nailhead04 New Member

Well some ones got to win. I do think it should get lower to one min though. If you have good base defense then you can survvive overtime.
  3. Polynomial

Yeah, that might be it. 2 minutes is kind of long.
  4. Time Glitch

Time Glitch New Member

I have mixed views on Overtime, mainly because I can really exploit it as the Assassin.

You just rush with Cloak and start hitting that thing as many times as it takes...Even if you die a million times, you're guaranteed to take it down to about half health in those two minutes. Especially if you have increased RoF on.

On the other hand, if they didn't have Overtime, the only thing you could go on was Kills, and that isn't what the game is about.

I like it enough as-is, but they need to do something about the "rush infinitely" strategy that you can take to Overtime.
  5. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

Overtime right now is a bit of a joke, usually I have 500 spare and if I have no juice already i'll buy some and win the match, it's just too easy and lob sided after spending 15 minutes of an either tough or hard but fair battle.

I would prefer the teams to see a tie then overtime, or change the overtime rules a little bit to stop juice rushes, I will admit I do it all the time but that's why I think it needs fixing because of how easy it is.
  6. Turnip

Turnip New Member

Over-time is required, but needs tweaking.

I think that we should make the matches longer, but over-time is a sudden death.

Everyone gets half-juice, as ussual, but you don't respawn, or respawns are incredibly long. And the moneyball instantly drops to half-health, and has no shields. Only the occasional jackbot comes out. Sudden Death lasts until all the pro's are dead, or the moneyball is destroyed.
  7. Acosta02

Acosta02 New Member

I've been feeling this; I've been in plenty of games where the losing team only wins because of overtime. Too many times my friends and I have said "eh, let's just wait until overtime and win it then" and then just rushed in with a juiced assault to kill the moneyball in 20 seconds. I guess theoretically it's balanced because they could do the same to us? I don't know, it just feels kinda lame to win that way.

So it's even more susceptible to juice rushes, you mean? The assault will simply TEAR the ball apart; with his bare hands if need be.
  8. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

Maybe a 20 second respawn would help but it does need adjusting imo, juice is also extremely easy to buy too so yeah that's another problem, why use a juice endorsement when you can just buy it.
  9. BlueZebra

BlueZebra New Member

Comebacks happen most often from overtime as well as the offensive team getting the push they need. I like it because at any moment, the game flow could drastically change.
  10. Turnip

Turnip New Member

Ok then, juice costs 1.5k during OT.
    Better?
  11. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

You have to think about what the players might do if they want to hold on to cash to buy juice at the end, will they horde their cash by not making rocket turrets or buying skills which may hamper the team? someone out there will always try to keep 1500 to one side for juice at the end of a round instead of buying other stuff.
  12. Kitsu-Kun

Kitsu-Kun New Member

I agree. While this is one of my favorite shooters of all time now, I too believe that Overtime needs a little tweaking.

My suggestion? Make death permanent in overtime. You die, you are out. Juice rush if you want, but you better kill that moneyball or you are going to be sitting out the next minute and thirty while you hope you team can figure it out.
  13. DevilAir

DevilAir New Member

And that would be kinda good. If you're playing smart, you won't wait the 1500 $ juice, instead of powering up your skills, wich wil make you a much more easy target and less than a threat to the other team.

Plus it's strategy. If i see that i can't enter the other team base, i'll just focus on powering up mine for good, then build up juice and blast it in the overtime, while they struggle against my defense and team mates.
  14. vintoks

vintoks Member

OT and the way juice is handled needs to be looked into, there should be more strategy to it besides juice rush every time.
  15. jjcpockets

jjcpockets New Member

Personally I consider any match that goes into overtime to be a draw, plus two minutes of fun-time where we all run around like crazy people. If my team was winning by a fair margin when overtime started then I'm happy, even if they do juice rush us into oblivion.
  16. Jason Miles

Jason Miles New Member

i like it, i mean if youve play 15 minutes of slow play, u gotta win sum how. but, true, one with juice can win the game. but i liek it, maybe the ball should still be shielded, but the humans can shoot em down?
  17. Kyou Kizu

Kyou Kizu New Member

People can already shoot the shields down themselves. :(

And I'm not too sure about the "One life"-idea, 'cause it would just make people more focused on killing eachother than on the moneyball. :/
  18. Polynomial

Its just the whole game has a certain flow to it and overtime erases everything you've worked towards and things just go wtfgogogo juice rush.
  19. Rodelero

Rodelero New Member

I agree - I'd remove overtime actually. It's a slightly lame part of the game and it give speople a reason to not try winning in normal time.
  20. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

Guys, all you have to do is keep an eye on the clock. When OT is coming up, thats the time to move in (juice or no juice).