Overspacing?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by james7444, June 25, 2013.

1. james7444

james7444 New Member

I've noticed after the last update that spacing requirements between each building has dramatically increased meaning that the space taken to build five or six metal pumps is huge.
    Is this building spacing permanent or will be altered at a later stage?
  2. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

3. omega4

omega4 Member

If they're planning to enable metal deposits at some point in the future, it isn't as if you'd be able to place metal pumps side by side anyway.

This assumes there will be no "All Metal-map" planets like there were in TA.

4. Gardentwine

Gardentwine Member

i hope they look into Changing the placement tool, not keen on reselecting buildings if its a bad placement then have to rotate it all over again, perhaps they could use sound or colour flash or something, in stead of deselect!!!

perhaps Grid overlay to help place the buildings and snap to grid option that should stop this over laping problem
  5. Gippies

Gippies New Member

I thought all-metal planets was a confirmed feature in PA.
  6. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Maybe not really, Metal Planets as per the Kickstarter;

So it comes down to what is meant by 'Recycling', but honestly I hope it's not just plopping down metal extractors anywhere, that' just kinda boring to be honest.

It kinda comes down to a terminology issue really.

Mike
  7. omega4

omega4 Member

I completely agree.

I believe all of the PA vids I've watched on YouTube involve PA gameplay where the entire planet is one metal deposit. The gameplay looks....boring. It's mostly tank and artillery spam.

I'm looking forward to more exciting gameplay after metal deposits are introduced to PA.

8. bobucles

bobucles Post Master General

Money maps are a staple of any RTS. However, they do not work very well in standard play. The first player to touch infinite money tends to win. It's literally a day 1 map project, so don't worry about them being in the game.

Metal planets are slated to have some kind of strategic function instead. It can be any unique facility, like a teleport hub or metal makers or a planet killing weapon. They won't be your typical money map.
  9. omega4

omega4 Member

That's fantastic. My compliments to Uber. They appear to be thinking things out carefully.

10. RainbowDashPwny

RainbowDashPwny Active Member

I hope you have the options to just plop down metal extractors all over the metal planets. But you have the option of not playing in a system where metal planets are present, you know, customization!
  11. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

Could be that all Metal Deposits on Metal Planets are T2 exploitable.

A lot of Metal available, but not "infinite".

(Still hoping that the T2 MeX is something more than just a better version of T1)
  12. smallcpu

smallcpu Active Member

Well, in uber own words, all current planets are set to metal planet until they get metal spots in so yeah, it should be very easy to have them. :mrgreen:

(Offtopic: Ah, the t2 mexes. Just make them have an insane energy requirement and they suddenly aren't that hot anymore. t1 works without energy, t2 uses 5000 energy for double the metal. I hope you don't energy stall. :p )
  13. nanolathe

... that's not a limitation.
  14. chickenatorius

chickenatorius New Member

From my understanding, metal planets wouldn't be able to be properly exploited for metal because you would still need to send the collected resources to your other bases because resources are registered per planet. (But what do I know?)
  15. nanolathe

You're wrong. Economy is "global" or should I say, "Universal".

Your Econ is a pool of resources that every planet adds to and draws from.