Overlay Disappears

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by Bungle, December 19, 2010.

1. Bungle

Bungle New Member

Sometimes while playing I'll lose the game's overlay. Which means I can only see my character and the game world. I can't see my crosshairs, money, ammo, level up status, or anything else. If I wait for the round to end, everything displays properly on the next map - but I'm useless until it fixes itself.

Also - and I can't stress this enough - snipers have to be nerfed to heck and back if you want them to work on the PC. That means a slower rate of fire AND a slower Aim Down Sight movement. Just slowing one of those two things won't be enough. They are running the show out there.

As far as the overlay issue goes, my specs are:

Radeon 5870
    Cat 10.12 driver
    Win7 x64

PS I love this game!
  2. Torinir

Torinir New Member

For the missing HUD, just taunt and it'll reappear. It usually occurs if you die while taunting.
  3. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

Happened to me as well, but taunting did bring it back.
    [​IMG]
  4. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

Known issue with dying while taunting.
  5. kankle

kankle New Member

Thanks guys! Taunting worked for me too
  6. do0t

do0t New Member

This is a typical exaggeration. Whining if you will.

Hit-box detection is pretty precise in this game, and you have to be dead-on for a one-shot frag from distance as sniper. What I see from a LOT of players is they stand around doing whatever action, so these 1S1K shots take little talent to execute. Snipers have long distance fov, so it's fairly common to reposition and take decisive shots at the opponent. Snipers don't need nerfed because other players choose to stand around and make themselves targets. Other players should adjust their play behavior (aka strategy) and counter with what is on the playing field.

Even if you argue "well I run and jump and I still die from snipers" - it's still a huge exaggeration that snipers are the 'me' in team. Snipers are distance shooters that are unique units with precise ability to take you out from across the map. You still need team effort to win games, partially because snipers do not have the characteristics to get in close, compared to the tank/assault classes.

7. zar

zar Member

This happened to me once. Good thing to know taunting will put it back up.
  8. Alienami

Alienami New Member

Ah! Thanks, had this happen few times also.