Over-time revamp

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by Turnip, August 14, 2010.

1. Turnip

Turnip New Member

Many people are unsastisfied with over-time, because its just a "OMG PEW PEW NOW HAS JUICE BEEEEEEEEEEWWWW NUKE IT LAWL!"-fest. Jackbots endlessly attack, and everyone has the glowy effect 80% of the time. I suggest, instead of "Run out, die, run out, die", we have a "Sudden Death"

Sudden Death:
    Respawns become 30 seconds long.
    Everyone gets half-juice.
    Jackbot rate is lower than the original over-time, but higher than the normal game. It also goes up the longer the fight takes.
    The moneyballs shields go down
    The moneyballs health drops to 50%

This encourages self-preservation, and not such a reckless attitude. The long respawns leave lots of time to shoot the moneyball, and the occasion jackbot keeps the battles filled. I think its better in the sense that you have to be very crafty and sneaky to survive, slowly picking off enemys and striking only at the perfect moment. And the jackbots keep you on your toes and make the wide maps feel smaller.
  2. Ladnil

Ladnil New Member

The great part of this game is how fun and exciting it is, 30 second respawns are the antithesis of that. I agree that OT needs to be revamped, but definitely not that way.
  3. Infininja

Infininja New Member

I've been in stalemate games where I've purposely waited till overtime to get the win. Overtime hits, jump into the center, buy juice, win.
  4. Rebz

Rebz New Member

Yeah i do that all the time and win games almost single handedly.

If it did get revamped there definitely shouldn't be 30 sec respawn times thats just not any fun lol. And you've got some pretty good ideas but i think the point of OT is for it to be chaotic and the main factor of it is how many people have juice or have money to repeatedly by juic , I mean youve played a 15 min match and the team that realized it was going into OT and prepared better for it buy saving up money for juice is going to win. Oh and btw some people are able to rush in with juice and get out so they dont go through the rush in/die rushin/die cycle you're talking about ;)
  5. ABAGOFWETSAND

ABAGOFWETSAND New Member

Overtime is overpowered.
  6. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

We originally hand OT similar to what your suggest, we went with what we have because the other way felt like you limped to the end of the game, whereas the way we shipped it OT becomes even more crazy and exciting.
  7. vvipeout

vvipeout New Member

this!