Over 9000 highlight reel: How get?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by AmazeTheory, January 6, 2011.

1. AmazeTheory

AmazeTheory New Member

So I'm having problems getting this reel. The highest I've gotten before if about 7,000 earnings only just, I have no idea how to get OVER 9000 or even up to 8k. Tips?
    Or is it just farm your heart out with tank/support against scrandy teams?
  2. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

Some players 'cheat' by doing a 60 minute private match with ringouts only, or something. Or they assassinate each other all the time.

If you want it legit, it can be done. It's just really, really hard. I ended a match with around 8600 one time.
  3. SHStiger

SHStiger New Member

I think I got it during a "private" public match. Never gotten it within an actual normal match, closest was 8.3k?
  4. The Teominator

The Teominator New Member

Get better. The solution to all lives problems.
  5. Htiger

Htiger New Member

Getting better isn't the answer for the "Over 9000" highlight. If you do too well, you'll just win the game. I have only gotten the achievement once, but I only play solo or with 1 other person, so I never do any private matches. The hardest thing about this highlight is that a number of factors need to line up for you to get it.

Below are a few of the factors that need to line up if you expect to get it in a public game:

1. The opposing team must be terrible.
    2. Your teammmates must be terrible.
    3. You must be above average.
    4. You must never push the enemy base. No matter how bad your team is, if you push into the base with bots, your teammates may end up winning the game.
    5. Kill every bot possible. This is especially true in overtime. Snagging Jackbot kills gives a nice influx of cash.

I got the highlight as an assassin, which I feel is probably the easiest. My strategy was to play as safely as possible in order to maximize the streak bonus cash. Also, make sure to use your juice as often as possible. Getting a 3, 4, 5, or 6 kill spree can give you a huge amount of money. I ended the game as about 42-1 with roughly 100 bot kills and 6 jackbot kills.
  6. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher New Member

Kill streaks/grapple kills etc...

Actually killing bots gets you more cash then most think..
  7. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

Step1. Turtle.
    Step2. Get Bacon.
    Step3. ???
    Step4. Profits of over $9000
  8. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

9. OfficerFuttBuck

The internet ruled you can have more than three steps over 9000 years ago. Serious business must be taken seriously.
  10. Edward Coug

Edward Coug New Member

I came very close to getting over $9000. I was playing as a support on spunky. I built as many level 3 rockets and gapshots as I could and went crazy with my shotgun. I finished with $8172. My team barely lost. I was not a happy camper.
  11. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

Why not just private match it?

Getting it in a "legit" public crossfire match is near impossible. I've never seen anyone get 9K. I've seen people get close with streaks, and K/D's 82-10, never 9K.

Every time I see it, I just assumed they did it in a private match. If you have a second controller, you could do it with your guest.
  12. lDeadEye

lDeadEye New Member

I have at least 10 of them. In a single Crossfire match I once got 14K, so it's not near impossible.
  13. Einarath

Einarath New Member

I've gotten two legit ones, and one during a 60 min private match. All as Assassin. And one of the legit ones I did by myself, the other with one other person I knew on my team.

Basically, I just play the way I usually do: kill bots hardcore to get monies and juice, juice, kill enemies, kill turrets, and repeat. And whenever bullseye shows, melee him to death to get more dropped monies and free juice. Also, whenever a jackbot shows, kill it for its (essentially) free monies and juice.

Eventually I get to the point where I just never stop juicing, getting enough money during a juice to buy more juice, then once I've used both and have to wait, enough bots have spawned for me to destroy them all and get instant juice again.

The final key is that the match simply has to last long enough. Both times I got it, the rest of my team was terrible; much worse than the other team (who were albeit still rather terrible). That way my destroying everything didn't make my team win quickly.
  14. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

For mere mortals it is.
  15. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

:twisted:
  16. Einarath

Einarath New Member

Yeah, it was thanks to your publicprivate match that I got my first Over 9000. :lol:
    I think I actually ended up with over $11,000 that match...

EDIT: Speaking of which (and with no intention to derail this thread), you should host another of those. They were epic.
  17. lDeadEye

lDeadEye New Member

I get told on a daily basis that I'm bad... So everyone should be able to get it easily
  18. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

I've HEARD that if you send a couple dozen maple & bacon donuts to Uber, they'll give you the tag.
  19. xX Ript3r Xx

xX Ript3r Xx New Member

I've gotten it a few times. If you do a private your just a scrub. I could have swore titles were supposed to be earned. You just got to be good. Really if you hit 8000 and win you get it.
  20. OfficerFuttBuck

I hosted it ;)

Also, I've gotten 1 legit and 2 unlegit.
    1 Game where I went 68 - 0. LOL ALL LEVEL 0 -10 LOL.
    2 Public customs