ORGANIZING The PA Open - Doubles Championship

Discussion in 'Support!' started by oxide246, September 11, 2013.

1. oxide246

oxide246 Active Member

Ok guys the tentative bracket is below! It is pretty much final. Any new team entrants from now get to go up against the heavy weights in the first round. Please get in contact with your first round opponents ASAP.

Tentative Bracket
    Useful time conversion tool: http://www.worldtimebuddy.com

------

To any moderators. I tried to create a mass private conversation for this thread but the maximum participants for that is 5 people. If there's a more appropriate place for this thread please move it. The idea was to have a private thread for organizing the tournament, that's why I've put it here in the Alpha forums.

------

Hello Tournament Contenders!

The lock off day is approaching at which point each team will be paired up for their first round matches. Gorerillaz and I will be doing our best to match you guys up with appropriate teams to get this first round over ASAP. We would really like to be ready for the quarter SEMI finals by Sunday morning if possible.

So this is how I would like to work it. Once the grid is finalised and you know who your opponents are.
    1. Contact your opponents and organise a time to play.
    2. Post the time of your match in UTC here in this thread (or at least the time and your timezone so we can work it out).
    3. One of our designated casters should cast/stream your match. They are Petard, WPMarshall and ZaphodX. If none are available Gorerillaz can do it, otherwise try to have it recorded yourselves by someone. If all else fails take screenshot of the winner in the same manner as the Gentlemens Ladder.
    4. Casters are referees and have the right to restart the match if they think the positions are unfair. If you have no caster, find an impartial referee.
    5. You will be able to update the results of your own matches directly on the website. Please feel free to do this. Otherwise let me know and I'll do it.
    6. GL HF!

If you have other questions post them here.

Cheers guys!

EDIT: I kind of assumed this but thought I should mention just in case. The games will follow Gentleman's Rules as specified by the Gentleman's ladder.
    Last edited: September 12, 2013
    energydl and cwarner7264 like this.
  2. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

3. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

I was thinking we create a single "PAesports" channel on twitch or something similar and we do tournament streams there(we can easily connect to that same channel and stream directly, I think we can even create like a network or something)
    Oxide you should give people predetermined schedule times for games and then they can choose what suits them the most. If we do multiple games at once at random times it just seems very rushed and all over the place.

If we have one single channel that streams tournaments one game at a time with an existing schedule it will help us begin organizing bigger and better tournaments in the future!

I assume people will think its too much to bother with for a "couple of viewers" but thats exactly why we should do it now!
    Let me know what you guys think
  4. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

This week is turning out to be crazy in work so I would prefer an evening Friday game to be sure I'm home.
  5. oxide246

oxide246 Active Member

I like the PAEsports channel idea and the idea of all you casters working together and getting along all merry like. But I'm not going to change the format now I've announced it. It'll just confuse things. I think we can look at both of these ideas for next tournament. If it does turn out to be a mess well nevermind we can improve on it next time.

Clopse, No worries, I'll put you up against another Euro team who will be around Friday night too.
  6. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

Sounds good! Bop me a message on the forums to let me know if you have a game to cast, that's usually the best way to contact me, or skype/steam/teamspeak (in poke if needed)
    courtmarshallxp
    Marshii
    WPMarshall

respectively for those modalities.
  7. gorerillaz

gorerillaz Member

Ill be on the irc that day o just pm me and ill record it
  8. quazzi

quazzi Member

His account is sean60565. We are US central.
  9. quazzi

quazzi Member

I am not a member on the gentlemens ladder because i play like an ******* not a gentlemen :p
  10. oxide246

oxide246 Active Member

Great, thanks.
  11. oxide246

oxide246 Active Member

Lol all good, no need to be on the Gentleman's ladder. Although it looks like I didn't mention it but this competition will follow gentleman's rules. Which basically means no exploiting game bugs and no wall spamming. (I think that's where it's at)
  12. oxide246

oxide246 Active Member

Hey everyone, please check out the first post, I have put the starting bracket up for tomorrow. This 99% certain to be the final bracket, unless there is a really good reason why it should be changed. New players can still join but they'll be put up against the heavyweights.

TIME TO START GETTING IN CONTACT WITH YOUR OPPONENTS AND POSTING TIMES HERE!

Clopse sorry, this bracket will mean you'd have to play an American team in the second round (you get a bye), most likely on Saturday unless they finish their first round quickly. How's Saturday looking for you?
    Last edited: September 12, 2013
  13. oxide246

oxide246 Active Member

14. OathAlliance

OathAlliance Well-Known Member

Any idea of what panet type we're playing on?
  15. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Not finalised yet but it will be on a multitude of planets, probably everything apart from metal. Somewhere around radius 25. Each round will be on a specific planet.
  16. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Will said planets be released before hand?
  17. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

oxide246 likes this.
  18. gorerillaz

gorerillaz Member

19. gorerillaz

gorerillaz Member

U will be at 4am for me :(
  20. quazzi

quazzi Member

That's 1 pm CST right? that's the time we agreed on