orbitalwar suggestion, t3, walkers, transporters

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by pappe, November 6, 2013.

1. pappe

pappe New Member

hi everyone,

I love PA, and I think it's one of the best games so far. And as it is in the beta phase, we have the opportunity as gametester to improve the game. And I have come to a point that isn't yet full wellthought. When you conquered as a refugee an other planet in the hope build up your eco again and you're doing it first in the game, your planet will become a fortress and as soon as someone lands on it with a comander or any bot they will be destroyed. in return when you're on the mainplanet destroyed your only way to win the game is to smash a moon into the main planet and hope the enemy's comander will die.
    I think you can improve the planetary conquer and interplanetary battle quite a bit. for example you could made a tier3 (not for combatforces but for addition buildings) and implement something like a "spaceshipdock" where you can build a trooptransporter (for like 8 tanks/bots). sure it has to be balanced out with the orbital lander (has to be much more expensive). such a trooptransporter can only used one time, meaning from moon to planet or vise versa, because it can only land when it crashed with the ground :)
    else i hope the "botcannon" as it is in the trailer will be impelemted in the game. as well as the interplanetary nuke and antinuke, but with imense costs (also t3)
    for tier3 they could make t3 mex, t3 turret, t3 "spacedock" for transporters and something like the walker (AT-AT) in star wars! and the t3 bots aren't that faster than t2. only a bit more effective (like comander in eco-use).
    as the battlesystem is now you cannot attack a unit when it is outer space and I like that, else the game would become something like O-game or so.

what do you think about t3 with it's possibility to build transporters, walkers, interplanetary nukes/antinukes and else additional endgame buildings?
  2. pappe

pappe New Member

can be deleted, didn't see the confirmed features thread ;) posted already there
    sorry
  3. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Yeah. Do a search before posting.

No tier three. Tier three would make basic units not viable and Uber plans on making all units viable at all stages of gameplay.

Already lots of plans for planetary invasions. Probably will be coming in one of the upcoming patches.
  4. spazzdla

spazzdla Active Member

I want a walker unit...