Orbital and Deepspace radar icon and model

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by totalannihilation, December 17, 2013.

1. totalannihilation

totalannihilation Active Member

Many patches has passed since this structure was added to the game and no model or icon has been given to it
    My idea is to gather some suggestions (pictures or drawings help) and then make a poll.
    Why not having a model and/or icon contributed from the community itself?

My suggestion is to make it look like a huge telescope observatory (image stolen from google)
    observatory stolen from google.jpg
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  2. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

They just showed off a new model for it in a twitch stream today. Still no icon though.

[​IMG]
    warrenkc and stormingkiwi like this.
  3. KNight

KNight Post Master General

If I had to guess I'd say that the Arecibo Observatory was more so the inspiration or depending on what is actually under the 'dish' maybe just more standard radar/radio set-ups instead.

The Dish itself looks like it can fold up, which would/could be an interesting mechanic.

Mike
  4. gab99

gab99 New Member

That would be really annoying to wait for the thing to open if your power fluctuates however

Even if they made it so it didn't do that it'd still be a little funny watching your radar spazzing out when you really want to push out whatever it is you're killing economic for
  5. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

Meta streamed a second match where he showed it unfold after it was built. Not sure if Twitch saved that video.