Official PA Modders Application

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by garat, June 11, 2013.

1. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Please read before applying.

This is a way for us to gather some basic information about you, your part modding experience, and what you intend to do, in terms of modding, once Planetary Annihilation is live. We are looking for people who can:
    - Help us define the needs of the modding community
    - Be involved from an early date, using the modding hooks and engine to make sure it's working as expected, including being tolerant of working with modding tools and hooks that may be still in development.
    - Be involved from Alpha past launch on building mods for Planetary Annihilation
    - Communicate clearly and calmly to make modding for the Planetary Annihilation platform as good as it can be
    - Please do not apply more than once, unless something went wrong with your first submission
    - Please be aware that, if we accept your application, you (and all members of your Team, if applicable) will be required to agree to the mod marketplace Contributor's Agreement, which will be sent to you.

Application: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Ix-Fhiet25UsbisyZwjfzT43hLittbuSpXUeOY2nGks/viewform
  2. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Awesome, applied!
  3. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Just rushing through an application now: what if I'm interested in being part of a team, and doing my own solo work?
  4. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

First, don't rush. :) There's no need to rush.

Second, just make sure someone else applies as the main for a team effort.

This doesn't mean you can't mod if you don't become part of this program. It's simply a very focused group we'll be trying to work with to make sure that the overall program meets a variety of needs.
  5. BulletMagnet

Yeah, to say that I'm pretty interested in modding PA is an understatement.

I'll mark myself as a solo modmonkey for the time being.
  6. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Applied, but I probably can't say about myself like I done any "finished" mods because I only got submissions in open source projects and patches for other's games mods.
    So probably you need to ask people about their skills, like programming/modelling/creating art instead of asking about finished mods. :(
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  7. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

Applied :cool:

Course I did, Im surprised I couldnt do sooner :D
  8. uruku

uruku New Member

Lol :) Im gonna do this, but damn already asking for help? LMAO
  9. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

Brilliant, I've got no experience, probably won't get into that first group, fortunately for me, I can get help with the unitbuilder part, all I have to do is... Auto script.
  10. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

Applied! I forsee PA taking up a lot of my spare time in the future, haha.

Yeah, I'd support this. Thankfully I've finished a modification in the past few months (well, initial release. I'm waiting on art assets for an updated release) so I got to link that, heh.

Most of my modding work (for Dawn of War) involved contributing to design and code repositories behind the scenes. Still does, in fact.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  11. SXX

SXX Post Master General

To be fair I don't really want to talk about something I actually done before. Internet is big place when you might done lot of different things and anonymity let you publish it without any thinking about quality of your work, without future bug fixing and support.

But unfortunately I'm using my real credentials on Kickstarter and this forum and I feel uncomfortable to let somebody see my **** code and few lame 3d models. Because I actually think that all was done badly and I might do better. :oops:
  12. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

Always be proud of your work! Even if it doesn't work, even if it looks bad, even if it was never finished!

Never hold something in some kind of perpetual black hole of shame, because if you do you're not going to learn from it! I've learned so much in hindsight simply by spamming what I have across the Web (well, my limited corners of it).
  13. tanksy

tanksy Member

Applied, and If needed I can provide more links to other mod works from other games besides the one I provided (The link I provided being one of my more larger works). I can even provide links to documentation of ideas for mods and mods in development.
  14. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

I only had a wip version of my mod that I was able to give out to them >-<

I have a more completed/updated version on my PC, but I dont have it uploaded anywhere for Uber to see XD
  15. acey195

acey195 Member

I would like to be involved in modding for PA.
    Only i'm not in the actual alpha.
    I do follow the progress closely and watch a lot of the streams though.

Does that make me meet the requirements?

I built some C&C mods and a couple of Skyrim mods, as well as some game prototypes.
  16. paulzeke

paulzeke Member

not sure if I should apply or if I'd just be wasting your time

I've never modded before, but I am a very fast animator in maya and XSI, working in TV for 5 years on 3d kids shows has helped. My scedule isn't that open though, and I'm pretty sure I'd be more helpful down the line when the game is in a more complete state

what do you think? Apply as a helper or just wait till I see a cool team that needs animation?
  17. alrich6

alrich6 New Member

I've been involved with a couple mods for supcom 1 & 2, but never actually got around to getting my stuff implemented (I did finish some models though). This means I can't technically link anything to fill out the form. Apart from that I modeled some stuff here and there for a game (not a mod) several years ago that never made it to completion (it was some weird adventure game).

So not as experienced on the modding front as some others, but I do have 6+ years experience using Maya (can model anything and animate a good deal. Maya has however given me a phobia of UV unwrapping). I also just finished my first year on a 3DS Max uni course.

So atm I can't fill out the form, but I'll be watching this space closely.
  18. BulletMagnet

From the number of modellers present, it looks like those interested in the total-conversion market are going to be very happy.
  19. DeadMG

DeadMG Member

Hmmm. I don't know if there are any of my released SupCom mods which still have live links, that was a long time ago.

Ah, I contributed to the CBFP. That'll do for now. Better if I could find that maphack though.
  20. BulletMagnet

Just for a reference from GPGServo.