Nova Clan's Open Planetary Annihilation Recruitment

Discussion in 'Looking For A Clan' started by zombiefan564, February 9, 2014.

1. zombiefan564

zombiefan564 Member

--NOVA CLAN RECRUITMENT--
    [​IMG]

What should you expect:
    NOVA is a international, gaming clan. With multiple gaming options, in many time zones.

HOW TO JOIN:
    Make a post on this thread that you are interested in joining, and I will PM you the Teamspeak IP. I will be checking frequently.

Once you do join:
    After you have joined the team speak you you should introduce yourself to the other members. After a few days, up to a week, if we see you fit to be a member you will become a member. You can put the clan tag [NOVA] before your in game name on steam if you want.
    The wait period is to make sure that you are mature and to become acquainted
    with you, and to see your skill level if you need to be taught things or if you are good.

Information:
    We are based in the United States. We speak English.
    We have clan wide meetings every other Saturday, when ever the server population at its highest and there is an admin on the oversee the meeting. At this meeting is when you can suggest new ideas, see about changing something that is already in place, or anything else a Admin should know about. (If there is a problem player you should talk to an admin in private to go about resolving the issue)

We will to do internal tournaments, practice on each other, 1v1 2v2, and join tournaments. This is to stay on our toes and be as good and competitive as possible. But we still want to make it a fun and friendly gaming environment.

What we expect from you: (Things with the * marker will go into further detail at the bottom)
    -A want to get better *
    -Playing competitively
    -Age 13+ *
    -Active membership

*You should be willing to lose, it is inevitable that you will lose. With that comes the willingness to get better, when you do lose.

*There is an age limit of 13+ this is to keep the level of maturity at a certain level. We aren't wanting people that will be trolling around spamming and making fart jokes. If you are younger than 13 and you still think you can meet the maturity expectations than you can join, but Admin will be keeping an eye for at least a week to make sure you aren't being annoying.
    Please note:
    There is no website, we will make one soon.

We are relatively new some of us are experienced players others are casual. We are playing often, seeing what we are doing wrong, and getting better. Also because this clan is still new we are in the process of recruiting people, so don't join expecting to see that we have like an entire squad or anything like that.

The future of NOVA:
    We plan to have a website.

We plan to have an entire Planetary Annihilation community where people can have fun and enjoy the game.
    We hope you will come and join us.

Streams
    http://www.twitch.tv/zombiefan564
    http://www.twitch.tv/n0vaz3r0
    Last edited: March 21, 2014
  2. gopro16

gopro16 New Member

I am interested in joining this clan so feel free to PM me whenever.
  3. josephstabile

josephstabile New Member

Bump
  4. josephstabile

josephstabile New Member

Bump
  5. Genera1Failure

Genera1Failure Member

I don't even know you guys.
  6. pimaster265

pimaster265 New Member

I would like to join if you are still accepting people. I am relatively new at the game and hope to get better.

Thanks
  7. andwhatnot52

andwhatnot52 New Member

I am interested in joining
  8. themolezz

themolezz New Member

I'm pretty interested. I'm a newish player and need people to play and learn from :)
  9. barragan88

barragan88 New Member

Join Nova, Great Clan. Hit me up [NOVA] Zero
    Last edited: March 18, 2014
  10. nate111

nate111 New Member

yep we are very fun and active (NOVA)GOD_-_
  11. robotguy

robotguy New Member

I'm all in to join need to learn. Got the game less than a week ago. I'm a streamer to.
  12. djwarhog123

djwarhog123 New Member

I am very interested in joining. My friend showed me this game recently and i have a lot to learn! but i would love to be a part of a community that plays this game! i also stream and record gameplay... i would be happy to create a youtube channel and organize streaming on twitch.
  13. mredge73

mredge73 Active Member

I am in US Central and mostly play a game or two at night between 8-12.
    I would be interested in joining a clan who has a few members that play at this time.
    Trying to get better but matches are sparse at this time. I am a huge fan of TA and really hope this game is successful. I bought TA when it was new and AOL was cool.
    cdrkf likes this.
  14. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Good man! I got TA just after it came out, didn't play it on-line until a year or so later as my PC and internet connection when I first got it just wasn't up to it (oldskool Pentium 133 with 32mb of EDO ram and a 3DFX Voodoo 3).....
  15. mredge73

mredge73 Active Member

I was on a state of the art Pentium 2 machine. I enjoyed playing Fallout 1&2, TA, and Red Baron II.
    PC gaming was great in the late 90's before the PS2 and Xbox came out and outclassed most $1200 PCs.
    But internet connection was pitiful through that old 33k modem; I really didn't get into playing online until a few years later when I started hosting LAN parties in the college dorms. Got a pretty good crew together and did well for a while on the public servers. Starting to feel old now that I realize that that was nearly 15 years ago.
    Last edited: April 2, 2014
    speedem0n, cdrkf and cwarner7264 like this.
  16. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Yeah, I moved on from that machine not long after- the Pentium II was a bit out of my price range so I ended up with a K6-2 500 from AMD, was a nice machine. I remember running MechWarrior 3 on that with all the eye candy turned up. I'm not sure the PS2 really surpassed PC's when it came out, as by then we were into Pentium III and Athlon days, with some fairly decent graphics boards coming out. I guess they were better value for money by quite a bit- but back then a PC was out of date after 12 months as processor speeds were doubling each year.

I find it strange now that development on PC's (in particular processors) has slowed so much. My main gaming rig is powered by an archaic AMD Phenom II X3, and to be honest I've not had anything really cause it too much trouble. I know technically the new Intel and AMD processors are much faster, but it's not enough to stop me actually playing the game, it's all down to the graphics cards now. If you go back to the late 90's however, having such a dated CPU would prevent you even loading the game. I'll note that I'm playing on a fairly low resolution screen, I imagine once QHD becomes the norm I'll need a faster cpu to keep up!
    speedem0n likes this.
  17. mattdaman354

mattdaman354 New Member

I'm interested. I got some experience in playing PA and nearly a year of experience into Supreme Commander.

Tag is: Col. InfernoFlash
  18. venousamnesiac

venousamnesiac New Member

I'm very interested in joining! I started playing PA a little while ago, and I can play fairly regularly.
    Message me if you're still looking for members.
  19. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Did anyone ever end up contacting you? I don't believe I've seen you around in our teamspeak at all.
  20. massap24

massap24 New Member

im interested in joining dont have much PA experience yet but Ive played SupCom a lot