Not progressing past the load up screen

Discussion in 'Support!' started by thesmilinglord, May 4, 2016.

1. thesmilinglord

thesmilinglord New Member

New game never played it before and it starts up seemingly fine and sits on the loading screen for forever. I tried looking up ways to fix it but found none here are my logs with mods and with the steam --nomods along with my Dxdiag report I'm not sure running it with no mods helps with a brand new game but i figured it can hurt. Also as a side note I tried running it in compatibility mode for windows 7 and that did not do anything.

Attached Files:

2. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

First thing looks like your graphics drivers are pretty old. Go to www.and.com and download the latest drivers and try again.

Also you might want to try and verify the game cache in case there was an issue during installation.
  3. thesmilinglord

I updated my drivers at AMD and verified one more time and im still getting the same results

Attached Files:

4. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

5. thesmilinglord

No change on a clean boot but i had a ghost of Xfire apparently most of it was gone but i still had the files for it? I searched and removed all traces of it.

Attached Files:

6. DeathByDenim

What happens if you let it sit for about five minutes. Do you get any network time-out errors in the logs?
  7. thesmilinglord

No change in the logs and it just states this view does not support bindings yet and then closes

Attached Files:

8. DeathByDenim

Hmm, sorry this is being so annoying for you.
    Could you try starting PA outside of Steam? The executable should be in "E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Planetary Annihilation Titans\bin_x64\".
  9. thesmilinglord

Ok Weird fix.I am not sure if this is what fixed it but It just started working. The only thing that was different is that we got a new router. It was replaced so we could get a better web filter for my little sister. not sure how that could effect the start up for PA
  10. DeathByDenim

Ah that's odd. I know that when I try to play PA with crappy bus-wifi, I also get very long startup times for PA, but in the end it always comes through when whatever PA is waiting for times out. It seems in your case it wasn't ever timing out for some reason.
    Well, good for you in any case. Happy PA-ing!

And thanks for reporting back.
    thesmilinglord likes this.