Noon question about controller

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by y3434, June 18, 2015.

?

What

1. Razer sucks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Get yuced to it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Stop being a noon or quit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. All of the above

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  5. Other

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. y3434

y3434 Active Member

2. xshammas

xshammas Well-Known Member

I had the Onza. It was a good controller, but it broke within months. Like 3 months. I believe Wildman experienced the same issue. I'd be wary of Razer controllers if I were you.
  3. hungrypoem

hungrypoem Active Member

n3brf.jpg
    Last edited: June 18, 2015
  4. y3434

y3434 Active Member

Thanks. I'm more concerned about the ergonomics/yucability than the build quality.
  5. bluntkingmcpussy

bluntkingmcpussy Member

Also had the onza. Mine also broke within half a year. It's a widely known problem. Supposedly the sabertooth is a bit more durable, but still +1 on the wary of razer controllers.
  6. y3434

y3434 Active Member

7. purplescratchy

purplescratchy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    y3434 likes this.
  8. untouchablexp

untouchablexp Active Member

Xbox 1 elite controller $150 for elite gamers
  9. notgunkedcontrol

notgunkedcontrol Post Master General

Nootoons is learning to claw, why don't you? That way you can stop being a noon using your bk controller that hurts your hands after 15 minutes.
    y3434 likes this.
  10. teapot

teapot Post Master General

Our community would be thriving if we all just learned how to spider. If everyone here could spider we'd only need 6 people to start private matches.

I've posted this a few times, but the spider is real.. 3:25 into the video.

Last edited: June 22, 2015
    notgunkedcontrol and y3434 like this.
  11. prodigymobile

prodigymobile Active Member

I've heard of wounded vets who can play with one hand but damn it's always impressive to see.
  12. murkyduh

murkyduh Active Member

I was like ok, this a "ok" montage... then it cuts and i was like "lol wuts dis?!" i played along and continued to watch then i realize he plays like this, i was left very impressed
  13. y3434

y3434 Active Member

Thanks. I have been learning to claw. The whole story is that my standard controllers were wireless and they kept breaking (the battery pack contact issue). That's the main reason I started looking for better controllers, not that I really wanted that additional button.
    After 3 days I've got used to the Sabertooth, my hands don't hurt anymore.
    I'm not sure if learning to claw is more important than learning to actually move and aim. It's kind of like learning to drive with the manual vs automatic.
  14. purplescratchy

purplescratchy Well-Known Member

Halo 2 montages lel?
    I recommend scufs. Use the code Scratchy for 15% off. Well worth it. ;)
    y3434 likes this.
  15. y3434

y3434 Active Member

I'll give it a try, thanks. Btw, I'm already seeing bugs in my sabertooth.
  16. teapot

teapot Post Master General

A big part of those clips are the people he's playing against. He has a h3 montage against just random matchmaking kids but a ton of those clips in h2 are against actual semi pros that you can find if you search for various tournament placings in 06-07. Not that deadeye ****. iBulletz, Demize, Destin, Beastish, SureShot, ex Drummer, Frumpee, Polak, Snuff, Dark3n, Overshield, Silent, Infinity Z are all names you can find fighting for top 16-32 during H2. Some of them did some big things in H3, namely Silent, Snuff, and Destin.

It was an odd time because even some pro montages would suck because they cared more about who the clips were on then the quality of the clips. That and everyone used breaking benjamin's BLOW ME AWAAAAAAAY.. I have no problem admitting this kid was a better h2 player than me back then.

I've been playing h2 with Jump and we just played Overshield's team like last week and we got **** on lol. Apparently jump has gotten into it with a few older semi pros and had no idea who they were, only to have to eat his words and their bullets in game.
    notgunkedcontrol likes this.
  17. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

I had several Onza's since they do indeed break a lot.
    I had the Sabertooth as well - the ergonomics are worse than the Onza, it was the superior layout. The Sabertooth has AMAZING customization with the sensitivity control though. It is the only controller I know that can adjust the UP\DOWN sensitivity without adjusting left right. It is pretty awesome. The Onza is a better controller, but the Sabertooth has better software and macro ability.

Both are garbage quality, but the Sabertooth is much better. My Onza's would break after 3 months or so, it took the Sabertooth 5 months before it stopped booting (since the firmware broke, but hardware wise it was still ok not that it mattered). The thumsticks were stripped away after a month on both of them since they use really soft rubber, and replacement covers don't fit properly on them unless they are from Razer.
    y3434 likes this.
  18. y3434

y3434 Active Member

Well, the Sabertooth broke after 2 weeks.
    Got Scuf. Like it so far.
    Code Scratchy doesn't work for noons, so I had to sell my xbox to pay for it.
  19. notgunkedcontrol

notgunkedcontrol Post Master General

Did you contact customer support. If it broke in two weeks you should definitely be covered.
  20. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

I got 3 of my 4 Razers replaced by customer service in warranty. They are actually really good about it, it just took like 2 weeks.