NOMINATED BEST SHOOTER OF E3.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by MrMusikal, June 17, 2010.

1. MrMusikal

MrMusikal New Member

2. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

3. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

Wow, that's badass!
  4. TGO023

TGO023 New Member

Outstanding. Part of me hates seeing Monday Night Combat lumped in as just a "shooter" though. That really doesn't do a service to the gameplay design. If it was just another shooter, I wouldn't even bother being here.

Side note: The best fighter category looks like it will be a nail biter!
  5. Mazrix

Mazrix New Member

Award goes to RAGE, which I actually haven't even heard of...
  6. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

Me either but I looked and it looks kinda like a Bioshock/Fallout game from Bethesda (The fact that it's Bethesda may have had something to do with it winning)

People seem to want a story driven FPS over a multi-player exclusive game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd0RtabEah4

It doesn't look too special but it's ok.
  7. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

Rage is going to blow the doors of shooters in 2011 (when it releases). I've been following it for a while and ... WOW.

I'm disappointed MNC didnt get it, but just being nominated is a huge honor.

Rage has a lot of elements and can be compared (in certain aspects) to Fallout 3, Doom, and Borderlands. If I recall, you can take parts of certain robotics or machines and create NEW different machines...turrets, mini grenade-launching spider-bots, etc. Plus there's an enemy that looks like Sloth from the Goonies, which is always a bonus.
  8. TGO023

TGO023 New Member

I'm with Sm1tty Sm1t on this one.

If you don't know Rage yet, do yourself a favor and get to know it. It is developed by id software. All they did was essentially create the First Person Shooter genre. Wolfenstein, Quake, Doom...they have a fairly decent pedigree. ;) This game will be a much more open experience, backed with tech that looks phenomenal. The tech is to be expected from id who always pride themselves on visual achievement thanks to the lead of John Carmack.
  9. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

I don't know. Borderlands HAS been better.
  10. lycan137

lycan137 New Member

i see rage as a mix of boarderlandish elements with the cars and a wasteland shooter. but either way it looks like fun. i remember first hearing about it in gameinformer a while ago. good to see its coming into the light and the main stream media
  11. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

Rage looks cool and all, but I think Brink (Bethesda's other project) looks better.
  12. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

From what I've heard from people who have tried Brink, it's not very good. The maps are very limited and small and the gameplay is meh.

Isnt brink going to be an XBLA game, too?
  13. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

Brink will be a full retail release set for Spring 2011. You might be thinking of Breach. Cuz I started following Brink a little while back and every preview I've read or seen has high hopes for the game.

I'm more excited for MNC tho!
  14. Sengoku no Maou

Sengoku no Maou New Member

It looks and seems to play exactly like Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars. The only big difference is the SMART system.
  15. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

You're right, I was thinking "Breach" :p