No Minimap for strategy planning & awareness?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by PrivateJohn, August 12, 2010.

1. PrivateJohn

PrivateJohn New Member

Most of the time I find it hard to plan & assault & the biggest concern is that alot of time, I just didn't realize the other lane has been overwhelm with enemies and bots until it's too late...

This is mainly due to the lack of minimap features which only show up once when I died and re-spawning.

Will this be coming in the next update or so? Please...
  2. Screwbeck

Screwbeck New Member

A minimap would be awesome.
  3. Qbakies

Qbakies New Member

Being able to popup the minimap would be great. Naturally balanced by not being able to do anything else while the map is up.
  4. [UBER]Hellchick

[UBER]Hellchick New Member

Minimaps take up a lot of space on the screen, and in place of a minimap we opted for the top-down overall view when you die so you can get a snapshot of the battle before getting back into it.

There's been some requests for being able to access this map at any time during the game, and we've been talking about how we can do that. So it's an issue we're tracking. Thanks for the feedback on it!
  5. Dismojoe

Dismojoe New Member

If they do decide to implement some type of minimap using left d-pad or something, it needs to only show the location of the bots on there because showing where the pros are would eliminate a lot of sneakiness and strategy.
  6. PrivateJohn

PrivateJohn New Member

I am all for a minimap...either :
    a) a minimap on the go
    b) a minimap that take up the whole screen. When you are viewing it, you can't move.
    c) a gameplay tweak. Upgradable "command centre" at the base like turret and so forth. This new upgrade would allow you to view minimap, issue command, launching nuclear strike? Ok..maybe that is too much :lol:
  7. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Did someone say nuclear strike? Yeeehaw
  8. gnats3

gnats3 Member

Is a minimap that takes up the whole screen... still a minimap?
  9. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

Right now I like how you can only see the overhead map when you die, need to rely on others telling you stuff or keep your eyes open for a jackbot breaking in to your quiet base (true story!)

Maybe when you press back to see the scoreboard the camera could change to the overhead, though the scoreboard would be in the way if you do that.

I also agree on not showing the pro's locations, it would ruin a lot of play and people would flick to the map every 10 seconds and just be lame :(
  10. DrSnaggletooths

DrSnaggletooths Member

Command center upgrade seems too rigid in aq game where its only 6v6. Defeats the purpose of being able to quickly see wheree you're overloaded. May work well in comp matches where you might have a dedicated command center guy but sounds like anopportunity for a wasted turret spot in pub play.

Agree tho, id like to not have to die just to geta good overview of the map.
  11. KazooieBanjo

KazooieBanjo New Member

Currently, left on the dpad doesn't do anything.

I'm thinking if you press left on the dpad, your view should whip around to your face like it does when you're in the ability pop-up, but instead of the ability overlay, a minimap appears.
  12. PrivateJohn

PrivateJohn New Member

Ok fine, lets call it HUGEmap. :D

Anyway ya, like everyone have said. I really want the ability to view the map. Doesn't matter if i can't see the pro's location, what I want to know is the turret & botz.
  13. Einarath

Einarath New Member

A dedicated minimap would take up too much of the screen, and overall I believe it would be annoying. I like the large map when you die, so if there was a button to bring it up at any time (much in the same way as you can bring up the current score), it could be useful.

At the same time, I feel that it may make the game less hard to defend. A point of the game is teamwork, so being able to see what is going on at any time kinda seems to lessen that emphasis. To me at least.