No Left-handed controls?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by Ahlen, August 11, 2010.

1. Ahlen

Ahlen New Member

I really want to enjoy MNC and recommend it to others but the lack of left-handed controls is really crushing any fun I might have.

Playing with the default right-handed stick setup leaves me with barely 50% aiming ability. I'd suggest maybe patching in the ability to swap the sticks at least?
  2. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

Interesting concept -- I've never heard of left-handed gaming controls.
  3. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member

I also have never heard of this. Do you know of any other games that I can look at as an example of this?
  4. Monte

Monte New Member

Is he talking oabout the SouthPaw controls?
  5. drhiggens

drhiggens New Member

I he is talking about south paw I would think. a south paw is a left handed pitcher.

I would really like to see the legacy and south paw controls added to this game too.
    It seem like a number of xbox arcade games come out without them. life perfect dark, and you have to figure that there are a number of people who don't just use that standard control settings. and it makes the game almost unplayable if you have been using the same controls for over 10 years on any number of games.
  6. Hiero Glyph

Hiero Glyph New Member

Yeah, South Paw is what they mean. I was also surprised that 'X' was weapon swap and 'Y' was reload when Halo set this standard for 'Y' being swap weapons years ago. Needless to say not following the Halo standard of having 'Y' as swap weapons has killed the tactical layout for me. Was this simply an oversight?
  7. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

You guys need to put a control type that lets you choose each button specifically and what the joysticks are set as.
  8. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

So I just went and looked at this and you found a bug!

In Tactical X = reload and Y = switch weapons. However, the labels say the opposite! So it does what you want, it just lies about it!
  9. Hiero Glyph

Hiero Glyph New Member

Great, thank you! To be honest I would have never tested it so make sure you address the issue of having the labels fixed because I am probably not the only one that believes what they read in the menu.
  10. neutrino

Issue has been logged.

We are definitely paying attention to everyone requesting south paw as well. That request has been logged.
  11. Thicketford

Thicketford New Member

12. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

13. Ahlen

Ahlen New Member

Well trying to control aiming with my right thumb gives me barely 60% accuracy at best.
  14. WTFile970

WTFile970 New Member

I am left handed, and have never even heard of left handed controls.

Seriously I think that it is just fine as it is. This is the standard, and they let you invert it, so I personally can't complain.
  15. xxxScorpion

xxxScorpion New Member

Any chance on custom button layouts? Or just more alternates?

Example being..http://www.uberent.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=986.
  16. Try2Die

Try2Die New Member

Let me throw my ring in the hat for a southpaw button layout as well. I know that the issue has already been logged; however, I thought I would state that I had a friend download the demo, played for about 3 seconds, and hasn't picked it up since. I know not only was he disappointed he couldn't play, but frustrated because his entire friend's list was :lol:

South Paw support +1
  17. neutrino

SouthPaw is fairly high on our list of priorities but we don't make promises other than we are taking your feedback seriously.
  18. Thicketford

Thicketford New Member

For anyone who has never heard of left handed controls...

Load up COD4, Halo 3 or Gears Of War. All 4 layouts are available in the options screen. These aren't new inventions, they've been around since Goldeneye on the N64.
  19. TangerineMoney

TangerineMoney New Member

Halo 3 has south paw control options, in stead of moving with the right stick its left, and same for look.
  20. Doc Magnus

Doc Magnus New Member

Another vote here for Southpaw. I love the game, but would love it even more if I could control it fully.

It's nice to know that this issue is now on Uber Entertainment's radar. :D