No... It wasn't really clear (or in the right place maybe...)

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by m1combat, March 1, 2014.

1. m1combat

m1combat New Member

I bought PA at the $90 level from Steam very soon after it was put on steam. At the time the Delta commander was given at the $90 level. There wasn't anything real obvious (or even just a little hidden) saying that our 90 steam dollars wouldn't get us the Delta commander. That's why I paid the $90 was to get the Delta commander because I was sure everyone would jump on the game when it dropped to $60 and they would be able to get the Delta commander.

Also... I had the dang thing so there was no reason to think I wasn't right until now.

WTF Over?

Please respond.

Now that I DON'T have the Delta commander I search the forum and see that it was always the way it was supposed to be but really... What's the point? why is my 90 steam dollars not worth the same as if I had paid the SAME $90 through the Uber store?

Come on...

Sure, I like the tracked guy and I like the Quadruped and really all of them but... I wanted the Delta. I had the Delta.
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

EDIT: Nevermind, was wrong.
    Last edited: March 1, 2014
  3. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Delta was never included in pre-orders for $90, it's always was for $250 tier and then $200 digital tier. I say it for sure; I have pre-ordered PA in May because I miss Kickstarter for some sad reasons.

Though it's wasn't actually clear that early access (both on Steam and Uber store) don't contain Alpha commander and this where I was confused.
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  4. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

They could have just never let you use it in the first place and then you wouldn't be complaining now. You are complaining about the bonus commander that you got for free for several months, when really you should be thanking Uber for letting you use something you never paid for.
  5. m1combat

m1combat New Member

I knew someone would come in and pull the QQ routine but I don't care...

The fact is that the Delta was available at the $90 tier and it wasn't clear or obvious that when I paid my $90 to get into the Alpha through steam that I wouldn't be getting the Delta. I didn't look real hard I admit... I don't see a reason to look for things that aren't included one way that are included the other.
  6. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

Both kickstarter and the PA store say that the delta comm was not available at the 90$ range. Kickstarter doesn't mention the delta comm, and the uber store says it's available for the 200$ version. Not sure where you're getting your info...
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  7. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

The Steam page wasn't completely clear that the $90 category was Kickstarter only, and it wasn't corrected until halfway through the beta, if I'm remembering the correct thread.
  8. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Just because a certain page doesn't say you will or won't get something, doesn't mean you will get it.

The Delta was only ever available at the $90 during Kickstarter.
  9. m1combat

m1combat New Member

It wasn't clear...

Also... As I recall I got my key through steam early enough that I was in the alpha for a few weeks at least.
  10. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

So it wasn't clear. Which means it didn't actually say you would get it. So therefore you should get it?

Even though it has been said that $90 delta has only ever been during the Kickstarter.
  11. m1combat

m1combat New Member

"The Delta was only ever available at the $90 during Kickstarter."

Yeah... that's obvious to me now... now that I'm missing my delta and going through everything searching for whether there is a difference but my point is that nothing on Steam (the stuff posted by Uber at the time) mentioned that there was a difference. Maybe it said so here... Great. Maybe it said so at the kickstarter page... Great.

It didn't say so on Steam.

All I'm saying is that maybe Uber should look at the date of purchase of the Steam keys and the people who bought in early enough on Steam to still get into Alpha should get the Delta. Everyone who got into Alpha for $90 or more dollars during that time through Uber got the Delta yes? why should Steam be different.

OK... Steam was different. I get it. But steam didn't say it was different at the time.
  12. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Nobody who bought or pre-order game for $90 get Delta. What isn't clear here? :(
  13. SXX

SXX Post Master General

No. Only those who paid $200+ get Delta.
  14. stuart98

Just used the wayback machine and looked through the archives.

The only thing that galactic got other than the alpha access that warfare didn't get was the digital artbook. Nowhere did it say that galactic edition gave you the delta com. What was said about the delta com: "Available only to the Cosmic Limited Edition pre-orders, and to early backers at the $90+ reward tiers, the Delta was the first fully realized commander to be unveiled to the world."

It could be a little confusing, but not really.
  15. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Steam was probably different because it came after the kickstarter. However, who gets what commanders is currently so confusing that even uber is having trouble sorting it all out. They will be posting more information on it soon to clear things up. I guess I do agree with you that they made mistakes with this, but that shouldn't entitle you to a free commander. They just need to learn from this and do better in the future.

We will have plenty of other commanders to choose from though!
    stuart98 likes this.
  16. m1combat

m1combat New Member

uggh... Some people...

"So it wasn't clear. Which means it didn't actually say you would get it. So therefore you should get it?"

What was clear was that if you bought the game for $90 at the time you got the Delta. That information was AT the Uber site, but DIDN'T say it was for purchases through the Uber site ONLY. At the same time... it was on Steam for $90. On steam it didn't say that it was any different than buying through Uber.

I only made the choice to go through Steam at the time because my dang wallet was in the bedroom with my wife and I didn't want to wake her, but steam had my payment info already there so I hit the button...

It's that simple.
  17. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

Steam wasn't as risky of a purchase as on Kickstarter. Kickstarter was earlier, and the Kickstarter goals hadn't been met yet, so that $90 had the potential to buy you much less of a game than we already have now. (Imagine PA with no navy or orbital layer!)
    cptconundrum likes this.
  18. stuart98

The only people who spent $90 on PA who got the Delta were those who got it during the kickstarter. No pre-orderers other than cosmic edition buyers got it. It's that simple.
  19. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

We are working on a doc that has all of the details of this.
    stuart98 likes this.
  20. m1combat

m1combat New Member

Thanks for the reply Neutrino...

I guess I'm just a little butt hurt because I like to have special stuff :). Especially for the games I have on my HDD that trace their lineage back to my childhood like Descent 2, TA, Mechwarrior, D&D

Seriously though... It seemed from everything on Steam that buying into the Alpha at $90 would get you the Delta.

That said :)... I don't even like the way the Delta looks that much and I don't think I ever used it anyway :)