No Eliminator Bots in the videos? Why?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by ObiFett, August 7, 2010.

1. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

Is there a reason we haven't seen you guys pay to spawn Eliminator bots in any of your videos?

Is it effective?
    Last edited: August 8, 2010
  2. TGO023

TGO023 New Member

Re: Spawning bots?

Wow. I was wondering the same thing earlier. Where are the eliminator bots and the process of spawning them?
  3. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

I think your talking about the Gremlin? You haven't seen them because they can cloak.

Same reason why we never see any Assassins in the gameplay videos.
  4. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

There are (according to a picture in another thread) 5 different bots you can pay to spawn. Its more than just the gremlin. Still haven't seen anything except the basic two and Jackbot in the gameplay videos.

The other videos have alot of them shown, just not the gameplay. Makes me wonder if its worth spending money on bots in game...
  5. TGO023

TGO023 New Member

There is more than just the Gremlin. Bouncer and Buzzer are eliminators as well...

A. There are eight types of robots in Monday Night Combat:
    1. Slim: Breach Bot, light armor, light ranged damage
    2. Black Jack: Breach Bot, moderate armor, moderate ranged damage
    3. Buzzer: Eliminator Bot, flying, super light armor, heavy damage, kamikaze attack
    4. Gremlin: Eliminator Bot, cloaking, light armor, heavy melee damage

5. Scrambler: Breach Bot, skill draining aura, moderate armor, heavy melee damage
    6. Bouncer: Eliminator Bot, grapple attack, heavy armor, heavy grapple or melee attack
    7. Gap Shot: Breach Bot, artillery bot, light armor, heavy long range damage
    8. Jackbot: Breach Bot, Boss Bot, super heavy armor, heavy damage, ground slam ability
  6. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

Personally, from a tactics standpoint, I think spawning robots is really only used in a perfect setting.
  7. X tweaker IGC

X tweaker IGC New Member

We know its there anyways so why dont we just forget about and have PIE!!!!!!
  8. metalsnake27

metalsnake27 New Member

I feel like those bots would be good if your defending, they could help take out the other players, but attacking I think breach bots would be better.
  9. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

I can see them being useful for attacking as well. Imagine having the money to spawn 3-4 buzzers. You could nearly guarantee a kill with those, I think.

Which leads me to more questions:

- How much is it going to cost to spawn these other bots?
    - When you do pay to spawn them, are we paying for a group of the bots or is it just one?

Its like a whole nother level of strategy that I have no information about. My brain keeps trying to form good team strats, but always gets stuck when I think about the bots due to lack of information.

No biggie, though, really. Game will be out in 4 days. I can hardly wait.
  10. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

ok , let me get this straight. There's pie? :eek:
  11. metalsnake27

metalsnake27 New Member

Idk, but there will be bacon.
  12. Stroodlez

Stroodlez New Member

bacon on pie!
  13. lycan137

lycan137 New Member

bacon pie man, pacon pie

1 pie crust
    3 cups mashed potatos
    1/2 cup corn
    1/2 cup peas
    2 lbs bacon

mix together the mash potatoes and vegetables in a bowl and place within the pie crust

takes the strips of bacon and form a seal on top by laying them criss cross on top of the pie crust.

place in a 350 degree oven and bake till bacon is cooked and crust is lightly golden brown

let cool slightly and serve

note: i made this recipe up just now go ahead and try it. can't hurt to have something with starch and meat.
  14. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

I imagine spawning bots, for the most part (in most situations), is a waste of resources. Unless you spawn those ape-like bots. Those are a little badass and I wouldn't want to meet one in a bright and sunny alley!
  15. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

I am afraid of the above bolded statement. If that entire mechanic is not useful, then why not tweak it to make it useful? If its a waste of resources, then make them cheaper, or stronger, or you spawn an entire eliminator bot squad rather than a singleton. I hope they are useful because the more strategy/layers in a game like this the better.

I imagine, hopefully, that its more useful than we think, they just haven't shown it to us yet. That's why I am asking...
  16. Hiero Glyph

Hiero Glyph New Member

I agree. After some though the most practical application seems to be to keep games balanced. What this means is that if both teams are playing at the same level the Eliminator bots will probably not come into play. If, however, one team is holding an advantage over the other team the Eliminator bots should become less expensive for the team that is losing and more expensive for the team that is winning. In this manner the losing team can use the bots to offset their weakness while the winning team will require more cash to do the same.
  17. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

If spwaning bots is that weak then i'm sure uber will look into it, but for now it might be best to spawn some when a jackbot comes out or when you know the enemy is under fire and stress, adding more to their problems :twisted:
  18. rivaldi22

rivaldi22 New Member

Uber is composed of industry vets.

They probably know more about game balance than us.

Just sayin'. If the bots are there to be summoned, they're worth summoning.

Can't believe I'll finally get to play this again, come Wednesday.
  19. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

I believe that they'll be balanced.

Just wondering why they aren't shown in the videos. It just makes me wonder.

Which is why I posted.

I was wondering.

Cuz I don't know.

So I thought I would find out.

By posting.
  20. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

Like most of the game mechanics, there are times where spawning eliminator bots makes sense and times where it doesn't. There weren't any in the vid simply because i forgot to use them. It's hard to talk intelligently and play at the same time... At least for me. :cool: