No AI on Linux while using local server

Discussion in 'Mac and Linux' started by Aurailious, April 27, 2015.

1. Aurailious

Aurailious New Member

I had an issue earlier today while trying to play a skirmish with AI only. However when using a local server the AI would not do anything while playing. No movements at all. What I did was then disable the local server and the AI would play fine. The sever process is running.

My OS is Linux Mint 17.1 64bit. As far as I know I am not using any special configurations. My GPU is a 980GTX using proprietary drivers. I play the game using the native Steam client and launch from there.

I have attached a log that I believe is one using a local server. But I am not certain.

Attached Files:

2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, that is the correct log. I don't see anything out of the ordinary though. Does it matter if you pick other AI difficulties? You could try starting a local game with 4 AIs with all of the difficulties and join as a spectator.
  3. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Was this on build 80462 or PTE 80684?
    We've introduced a new AI difficulty in the PTE labeled "Idle" that will do nothing in-game. We've also introduced a feature in PTE that remembers your last AI difficulty. So if you've selected Idle, the next game you start from the Game Lobby will automatically be be set to Idle until changed.
    n00n likes this.