Nice guys do finish last. Well, kinda. /rant

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by iammclovin117, January 7, 2012.

1. iammclovin117

iammclovin117 Active Member

Women, when they're young, don't want someone who is good for them. We're affectionate, dependable, stable, reliable, and capable of actually having a good future. But young women have no interest in that. To them stability and sanity is just too boring. They really do go for the "bad boys."

When the Nice Guys are deemed unworthy girls look for the opposite; someone who is flawed beyond reproach and doesn't actually give a damn about her. He's so mysterious when he blows her off with no warning and is indifferent to her. When he gets into trouble and causes a headache for everyone around him, he's exciting. It thrills her when he ignores he chooses to ignore responsibility for the sake of shallow, fleeting fun. All the while she's hanging off his arm, ******* his brains out, and enjoying the emotional high of being used.

When he inevitably ditches her for another vapid bint she'll mope because she "loved him." She'll be sad for a few days, anyway. Then she'll seek out another worthless ***** to begin the cycle all over again with. Girls will continuously bounce from ******* to ******* riding the drug like high that seems to come from being used and abused. All the while we watch from the sidelines.

We try to be an actual friend. We're there to give you real companionship. We try to tell you that your boyfriends aren't any good for you. But trying to show them the truth is meaningless. On occasion we'll actually try to be the one for them and make our affection known. We try to be someone who will treat her right and show her what it's like to be loved.

But she has no interest in us. She, at best, lets us know that were "great guys" but just for someone else. She doesn't want someone level headed and kind. Guys like that are just too unexciting. She'll never get that emotional rollercoaster that comes with being treated like **** from guys like us. She wants to be abused. Fine. As you wish, my dear.

So we sit on the sidelines and float along in the nether. We get through the week one day at a time. We work on our education. We work up the ladder at work. We bank away cash and set up a rock solid future. When the weekend comes we don't go out and experience what it's like to have someone who wants your companionship above all others. There is no falling in love for us. On occasion we gather in groups and find things to do to kill time. But it's all a lie. All it does is help us forget things for a little while. After we get back to our empty home reality sets back in anyway. Oh well. Tomorrow is another day, goddamnit.

Our lives continue to look pretty damn good on paper. But all the while there is a depressing show unfolding in front of us. We watch as girls go from ***** to *****. It gets sadder and sadder as the years go on. Before our eyes we can see as they find less and less enjoyment in their chosen lives of excitement and wonder. Then something happens after a couple decades. Girls, now women, eventually realize that the life they spent so long living really is empty and hollow. Even if they did want to continue with that kind of lifestyle, the "bad boys" that they adored so much don't want them anymore. She's finally too old to keep going from shallow pairing to shallow pairing. She now sees her situation.

After her eyes open to the real world she'll decide that she wants stability. She'll finally see that jerks and self involved jackasses don't make good partners. The ones who do make good partners are the Nice Guys. We have the houses, we have the money, we have a future. We'll treat her with respect and dignity. She'll know what it's like to have someone that she can rely on and that she doesn't have to continuously worry about. The previously overlooked men will now make affectionate and nurturing life mates. We make great guys to settle down with. And that's the problem.

By this point it's been 10, 15, or 20 years since she started to give herself to guys. This women who now wants us is not the girl that we once knew. She used to be energetic and playful. Her eyes used to sparkle with a sense of adventure. The main focus of the day was to enjoy life. It's just too bad that she had no interest in a comforting night once that day was past.

In an attempt to have fun with her life she spent her youth on guys who were terrible for her. Spent. As in, this is no longer the person she will ever be again. Her eyes no longer sparkle. She doesn't have any more interest in having fun beyond what mundane activities she can do without putting forth much effort. She no longer has the energy to be the vibrant girl that we watched and longed for. Her days of being an exciting girl are over. All that's left is a tired woman who now seeks us out because, although we're still basically boring to her, we give her the stability that she purposely avoided up until now.

This is the person who now stands before us. All there is to be had is an empty shell of what used to be. This is our reward for being sane. In the end it may look like we "get the girl." In reality though, all we get is someone else's unwanted leftovers.

But hey, it's better than being alone.

...Right?
  2. Light My Pyre

Light My Pyre New Member

tl;dr
  3. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

Get the ice picks, gentlemen. We have on our hands a WALL OF TEXT.
  4. iammclovin117

I would do a TL;DR but i'm not in the mood.
  5. gunked

gunked New Member

[​IMG]
  6. Goldielocks

Goldielocks Member

Not all girls are that foolish. There is a middle ground, nice guy with an edge :)
    Last edited: January 8, 2012
  7. iammclovin117

Not where i live, also how old are you?
  8. vaught

vaught New Member

Could just not bother with women. A lot easier.

Heh. Middle ground.
  9. joker

joker Active Member

the "nice guy" in these scenarios is usually socially awkward and cant maintain a real conversation with a girl he likes. girls dont care about your future or what you can offer them with a good heart if face to face interaction with the guy feels more like an uncomfortable text chat. if the "nice guys" would just break out of their shell and take a chance, this wouldnt happen, but i know its easier said than done. cause lets be real, if two guys had the same personality and one was on a one-way-street to success and a good heart, and the other was a loser and a scumbag, even the dumbest of girls would choose the "nice guy".
  10. arseface

arseface Post Master General

But the gay guys get beaten up.
  11. Goldielocks

Goldielocks Member

Early 20's, but I've never been a fan of the type of guys you're describing. Honestly, they sounds more like losers than bad boys.
  12. iammclovin117

I deal/Dealt with them all the time, I worked at a bowling alley. Also you look 17, Now i feel young.
  13. De Troll

De Troll New Member

I love you McLovin, so here's some tough love for you.
    Girls want a nice guy. They however do not want a socially awkward, insecure guy. I'm not saying you don't, but try making an effort to make yourself as attractive as possible without sacrificing your individuality/style. Realize that you're a MAN and you need to take control of your situation and be aggressive.
    Compare it to MNC! She's never going to notice your meager stat-line if you're sniping bots in the corner all day while some guy goes H.A.M. on gunner and steals the show. You have to show her that you're willing to treat her right, but treat treat her wrong at the right times. ;)

TL;DR- Women want a nice guy, not a ***** (for lack of a better word).

Inb4 Chron and Jeff reply, "If women don't want a *****, how do you get girls?"
  14. x 2TurnTableS x

x 2TurnTableS x New Member

Well, I always 'finish' last, it is only common courtesy
  15. Goldielocks

Goldielocks Member

Are you saying I'm old :lol: I think I'm older than a good 90% of the MNC community, maybe I need to re-evaluate how I spend my time :roll:
  16. iammclovin117

That's some good advice. I feel like i'm not insecure, just odd.
  17. iammclovin117

I just thought you looked about my age! Lol! :lol:
  18. De Troll

De Troll New Member

It's alright to be odd, man! You'll find the right girl some day, everyone gets their heart broken, you're young, blah, blah, blah. At least you can say you're odd and unique instead of boring or typical. That's how you know you'll feel a deep connection to the right girl once you meet her. I'm in the same boat as you are, and there's nothing we can do except be ourselves and think positively. Just live your life and be happy! After all, you are McLOVin...
  19. Light My Pyre

Light My Pyre New Member

I know a girl that loves and obsessed with a ***** boy.
    Too bad she's a fictional character.
    [​IMG]
  20. vaught

vaught New Member

You don't have to turn gay, you just don't have to bother with females anymore. It really is a lot better. Then again, opinions.