Next update

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by sinisterdom, July 7, 2013.

1. sinisterdom

sinisterdom New Member

This subject / question is aimed at the DEV'S and its one they are probably playing close to their chest but i am going to ask it anyway.
    When is there going to be another build updated for PA and what sort of thing will it include?

you know just to keep everyone dribbling over future content as well as current.
  2. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

Hahaha

Yeah, everyone in the Gentleman's League is rambling on about this as well. Uber, you've gotten us too used to updates every 3 days, we're spoiled brats now!

Uber is at a sort of jumping off point right now. I think they should be focusing on fixing major bugs right now, which there are still a few of, and focusing on getting the game into orbit, literally.

Once orbital is done, they can start solidifying the rendering pipeline, working out inefficiencies and optimizing it overall. Optimization should be done AFTER orbital is done, that way, any outstanding technological changes (like what had to be done to make the texture system play well with Mac), will be done before they might affect major portions of the game.

All the while they should be balancing the game towards a TA-style balance, where T2 compliments T1. It is on it's way towards this right now, but Balance is far from anything resembling a completed TA Spiritual Successor.
  3. deso88

deso88 Member

There hasn't been a new build for a couple of days because of the 4th July I guess.
    They said normal work will continue the 8th.
  4. halander1

halander1 Member

I think they should keep up with the common updates but make bigger ones further away from eachother
  5. ickli

ickli New Member

Can't wait to fight on an interplanetary battlefield.
  6. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

Welcome to the SMNC attitude XD
    Half a year of weekly updates, and then as soon as it's more than a week... hell breaks loose.
  7. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

How come in the forum you're a professional relatively serious poster while on ts and irc you're a little bastard kid. Y U DO DIS
  8. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma.