New Video Featuring 10 Minutes of Gameplay

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by jayblings, April 15, 2010.

1. jayblings

jayblings New Member

2. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

That was pretty good, Haven't seen that yet thanks for posting it.
  3. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Oh nice, thanks!
  4. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Scathis is narrating btw.
  5. magnusrex

magnusrex New Member

nice...no offense to the player but I thought he was pretty bad...
  6. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

It was his first time playing. I thought he did pretty good for a first timer. He didn't even have the luxury of seeing any of the vids we've released from people playing at PAX.
  7. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Wouldn't you be bad at a game you never even played before?
  8. TheJustinIsALie

Maybe if it was a racing game or something but FPS's are pretty self explanatory (point and shoot)
  9. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Oh shut up.
  10. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

That could be said about anything, really Justin.

Driving games are easy, just go fast and steer.
    FPS are easy, point n shoot.
    RPG's are easy, just level up.
  11. TheJustinIsALie

Oh well if the drivers you were vsing were professionals it would be hard because most new players don't know they have to slowdown at corners and just go full speed into the wall but I guess your right.

Maybe if the FPS had lots of complex mechanics in it like Splinter Cell and Metal gear online with all the hiding in the dark and snapping of necks it would be abit hard to get used to, But otherwise most games are self explanatory.
  12. tehwalrus

tehwalrus New Member

I love where the healthbar is - right in the middle of the screen, so you cant miss it when you're almost dead
  13. magnusrex

magnusrex New Member

I remember in the video the guy is looking around and doing random stuff...now I can definitely understand some things but some moments the guy seemed like what happens when you try and give a random girl a controller and expect them to play the game...it just doesn't work...

tbh when I played for the first time me and a bunch of other people were actually able to pick this up easily...some of the game mechanics took a min or so to get used to like the grapple kills...but the rest just came to me from playing other FPS games...
  14. lycan137

lycan137 New Member

gentlemen please, no fighting in the war room, save it for the arenas where the fans can watch.

but it is a good vid, reminds me a bit of when I first played it, I did pick it up decently but I stood and looked around a bit at times to check out all the stuff on the arena floor
  15. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

The game has a lot unique elements going on at once and it's a lot to take in for first time players as well as learning all the interactive bits in the arenas, like hazards, the Ahhhhhnnihilator, jump pads, custom bot spawning, Juice machines, etc. We'll make the process easier to understand on the released game.
  16. lycan137

lycan137 New Member

sounds cool. hey just what was the annihilator in the game? was it that huge jackbot that spawned from your side?
  17. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Nope, the huge Jackbot is just the Jackbot XL.

The Annihilator is a super weapon that kills all of the bots on the map. It only resets a few times during the game so you have to fight over it. Use it effectively and you'll have a good shot at overwhelming their base defenses.
  18. lycan137

lycan137 New Member

wow, would have been helpful to know that at PAX East, could have maybe won the tournament with a strategy if I knew what it had done :lol:
  19. nyx

nyx Moderator Alumni

But now you know what to do when you play against total noobs! You already have the advantage of playing.
  20. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

ah but we haven't told you about the Instant Win button. That's super secret...