New to Modding

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by bob209303, June 17, 2015.

1. bob209303

bob209303 New Member

Hi I just started modding actually today i did. So I built this really cruddy mod I kept looking over it,and it seemed good to me. So I put it into my server mods folder,and started my game up all hyped about it. Then I created a game,and nothing :(. I have no idea what is wrong could somebody tell me what is I'll link the file. Please don't judge me if its the stupidest thing ever.

Attached Files:

2. zx0

zx0 Well-Known Member

Did you activate it (with PAMM for instance)?
  3. bob209303

bob209303 New Member

Well I just put it into my server_mods folder, but it's not on pamm I just made it, or maybe there is a way to do it without it being on the mod list.
  4. zx0

zx0 Well-Known Member

You should still see it on when you start PAMM in server mods (not avaliable mods -> server mods, just server mods).
  5. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

You can delete everything except for the bomber.json. There is no reason to include model .papa files and stuff like that if you don't actually change anything. The same thing applies to all the empty folders you have.
  6. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

In case you are curious, you still need PAMM to enable your server mod. Just putting the mod in the server_mods folder is not enough. That is because inside the server_mods folder, there should also be a file called mods.json, which contains an JSON array with all of the (server) mods that PA should load. PAMM adds it there for you if you enable your mod through PAMM.
  7. bob209303

bob209303 New Member

Thanks, so much it worked. :)
    elodea and Alpha2546 like this.