New Teams from Scratch

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Clans, Team, and Tournamen' started by joker, June 5, 2013.

1. joker

joker Active Member

If H&S disbands, will there be more interest for everyone to try and create some teams for friendly scrims? Not draft style, but original style. Talk with people, friends, etc. Find players who you would like to be part of your team because they are your friends, have good chemistry, and fit a good lineup (don't recruit four friends who all play assassin).

Due to the fact H&S vs the world never happens and there seems to be a ton of interest in MNC lately, I figured this would be worth a shot for people to get a little more competitive than just pickup PMs and show what they have in a team environment.

Thoughts?
  2. De Troll

De Troll New Member

Jeff and myself will be team Sunchips.
    Last edited: June 5, 2013
  3. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

I want to fight H&S. I just can't get five other people that want to do that with me.
  4. joker

joker Active Member

To further supplement this idea, I think it would be fun for everyone who wants to be a captain/captain pair say so in this thread and start making your pitches to non captains/ free agents. On Friday around noon all free agents post in a predetermined thread of who they choose to sign with. Sounds like fun, thoughts?
  5. joker

joker Active Member

So far there are two definite captain pairs:

Chron & Kckzi

Shammas & Miracle

All players of all levels are encouraged to try and be a captain and build your own team, any wins coming that way would be very satisfying, and even if those two teams turn out better on paper you never know what could happen in overtime, and other teams would be playing each other as well. Or maybe players like wildmam Gunked and chollo start their own team and recruit a solid squad on the premis of finally dethroning any of us from being on the top team? Or leave themselves as lazy free agents hoping to get picked up.

The faster we move this the better as history shows us time dilutes interest around here so if you want to be a captain, captain pair, or free agent please reply ASAP.

Randomtoon send out a mass message from your MNC list about this and the info please. Thanks
  6. De Troll

De Troll New Member

Not to be a ****, but don't contact myself or Jeff if you want to team with us. We'll contact the people we think have what it takes to make the jump.
  7. RandomToon

I will do that tonight when I get home since I can't use Xbox.com.
    If Feedle or Teapot are at home, they can send the message out from their console. I will send it if I don't get a message by that time.
  8. missionaryposition

missionaryposition Member

9. joker

joker Active Member

Quack
  10. arbac

arbac Member

I'd be interested in playing as a free agent. I'll play anything except sniper or gunner (since I'm pretty terrible at both), but people tend to throw me on assassin.
  11. joker

joker Active Member

You got it. Ill edit the OP for a section of captains and free agents when I get home. Too lazy to do it on my phone
  12. teapot

teapot Post Master General

Should also note arbac's in cali for timezone purposes.

Solid assassin for sure, and has really good anni timing. You can count on him to at least be there, or vocal about it well ahead of time, but he usually has no problem getting it. I've even seen him steal it a bunch of times when we haven't had map control.

I'll talk to some people about their interest. Everyone else better scoop up who they want before they're gone.
  13. thegemicide

thegemicide Active Member

Removed
    Last edited: June 6, 2013
  14. leov1993

leov1993 Post Master General

You can't find 4. I'm up for whatever
  15. teapot

teapot Post Master General

as far as H&S vs the world, I'm still up for it if everyone gets on. I don't care who or what class or anything like that anymore. In all honesty the only shot I saw was some form of

Gunked/Wildman - Gunner
    Chollo/Me - Assault
    LeadLP/Frank - Tank
    N/A - Assassin
    Yoshi/Gem - Support
    N/A - Sniper

There are a couple good assassins / and a few decent snipers. Jeremy played a good snipe the other day and frank's able to hold it down as well. My sniper is terrible so saying someone is decent is a compliment.

As far as this new teams from scratch go.. sounds very interesting. I'm curious as to see who drafts who, and if anymore teams pop up out of this. I might start something up as well.
  16. RandomToon

Gunner; Woyldman is on H&S. Gunked said no.
    Assault; Chollo did not reply. Although you did not reply to me either.
    Tank; Lead said no. Feedle said he would but said he would not be a strong choice so suggested I look elsewhere. Frank did not reply.
    Assassin; I would do it. Satoshi did not reply.
    Support; both Gem and Yoshi said yes, and were the first two to reply.
    Sniper; I wanted frank here, no reply. No reply from Zatchmo.

Others I asked; Skill, James Melledy, and Jeremy Doll are/were making their own team so they all said no. Tryhard, Crimsonskull, Juggalo, hell I even sent a message to Chaos. No reply\rejection.

There are a ton of people that I could have asked beyond that, but at that point I gave up. I guess you could add LeoV in there, but I did not ask him at the time. Just letting you know where I left off. There are more people that I asked and just forgot about at this point.
    Last edited: June 5, 2013
  17. arbac

arbac Member

I'd play assassin on that team. Maybe put TryHard on sniper? He's pretty solid. If Gunk agreed to play Gunner it might have a shot. Either way it'd be damn fun.

18. De Troll

De Troll New Member

I'm trying so hard to be polite in this thread.
  19. RandomToon

Thank you, you are doing an excellent job and I appreciate it. I will stop derailing.
    Let's speculate new teams, not old ones. That is for a different thread.
  20. arbac

arbac Member

Congrats?