New player, Uber rank 20 looking for team games

Discussion in 'Looking For A Clan' started by syhw, December 6, 2014.

1. syhw

syhw New Member

Hi, I'm a French player, I started this game about 3 weeks ago because I like RTS, and games are short enough to do a "quickie" in 1v1. ;-) I played some TA, I used to be very good at StarCraft and Warcraft III (top 1000 Europe), Master league at SC2, and now I'm 4100 MMR at Dota 2 (less APM-demanding than an RTS ;-)), but now mostly playing with friends. I'm looking for people to play fun team games with (I just play 1v1 ladder, I'm currently #20 in Uber league) once in a while.

What more about me? I'm 28 years old, going to move to London or NYC in early 2015, I did my PhD (ended in 2012) on machine learning applied to StarCraft AI, now doing research on deep learning / speech / language.

Oh BTW, I suck hard at interplanetary (I guess that's me getting old, cursing at the UI). :D
    cdrkf likes this.
  2. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Hi syhw, you'd be most welcome to join Promethean. We have quite a few very competent 1v1 players (battlebear's something like rank 5 1v1), and we also enjoy team games. We make an effort every Wednesday to play large team games for fun and to keep in practice for the clan wars league.

If you're interested, just drop into out Teamspeak server in the evening European time. We're not too active at the moment, but there's always a few people online.
    Here's the server details:
    server: london5.teamspeak.net:24101
    pass: Promethean

Try a lower-case P if the password doesn't work. Hope to see you in-game soon!
    cdrkf likes this.
  3. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Nice rank :) only 1 behind me, hope to play you sometime.