New player matchmaking?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by greenwalls100, February 23, 2011.

1. greenwalls100

greenwalls100 New Member

I don't know about you guys but i thought that this game was pretty hard to just pick up and play, and I defiantly sucked for a while. So I was thinking maybe they could make it so ranks 0 - 15 or so only get matched. Then when they get to 16 or so they get matched with everybody like it is now.

Only problems I can see
    -Slow matchmaking at first?
    -Or somebody who made a new account and is already good.

I don't know, just a thought to make things a little more fair.
  2. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

I am now supporting a system similar to the PC's current matchmaking. You join a game, you choose a team you want to be on (choices: Icemen, Hotshots, Random). Game divides it accordingly. If too many players choose one team, game randomly selects some to go to other team.

This divides pubstomps after so many games of nonsense, when a party of 6 stomps you for more than 2 games, everyone can choose the same team they do to forcefully split them.

Still, friends can play together and you can matchmake for tournaments.

What caused this rally of mine:

[​IMG]
  3. garbage

garbage New Member

WHARE R ARE XBOX UPDAEZ? COMMON BUNGIE, FIX UR GAEM.
  4. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

[​IMG]

SINCE WE ARE POSTING OFF TOPIC AND IN CAPS LOCK I AM GOING TO USE THIS GIF I HAVE HAD ON MY TROLLING THE FORUMS LIST BUT HAVE NEVER USED UNTIL THIS POINT.
  5. MLGIntervention

MLGIntervention Active Member

NO ONE IS GOING TO MAKE A NEW ACCOUNT ON THIS GAME IF THEY DID THEY ARE CRAZY AND DUMB.(BESIDES PEACHY)
  6. Entropy

Entropy New Member

Totally agree with the OP. I'm a mediocre player, and that makes it really really hard for me to get new friends into the game. If I get a few new people and go play, we just get stomped and no one is even able to learn how to play because our team's average skill level is so far below the XBL-wide average.
  7. o Johnno o

o Johnno o New Member

Matchmaking for me is the biggest problem with the game. Most of the time all new people get matched against all the people with bot icons. Inevitably within 2 mins the team is spawn camping and then people rage quit which just makes things worse, so many times i join a game late because everyone has quit and people are spawn camping and not even looking at the money ball!
  8. jaysofacton

jaysofacton Active Member

It's possible all the higher levelled players were in a party but I know what you mean.
    We see it all the time. I guess it's not much fun for new guys trying to get use to the
    game when you're constantly getting stomped. Especially one with such a steep learning
    curve.