New patch, now no cursor

Discussion in 'Mac and Linux' started by rahk001, October 2, 2013.

1. rahk001

rahk001 New Member

I downloaded the new patch Beta v. 54574 and now I can launch the game again, which is great, except my mouse cursor no isn't showing up in the window. Can't even navigate the main menu without it >_>

Ubuntu 13.04.
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

3. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Sxx, does the UI Debugger still work for you with build 54574. I get the purple screen again even though I copied the html directory and the Debugger executable to the PA installation directory.
  4. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Unfortunately current version of PA contain newer Coherent, so you need to use debugger with old version.
    E.g it's doesn't mater what version of Coherent debugger use itself because all manipulation go over network.

Soon I'll check what exactly debugger doing, probably we can reproduce same "fix" with wget.

But main problem with FOSS drivers isn't cursor or icons, it's lack of GL_EXT_gpu_shader4. :(
  5. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Ah, right. I had figured it was the new version of Coherent UI that was messing up things, but it hadn't occurred to me that I could run the debugger from the installation directory of an old PA version and connect to the latest version with it. Nice!
    Well, maybe "Nice!" isn't quite right as it's quite clunky. More like, "Yay, I can still play now." :)
    Thanks!
  6. rahk001

rahk001 New Member

Except I overwrote my old PA version...so I'm not sure what to do :(

Thank's though I guess.

If I just wanted to play, any idea what open source drivers are the problem, and if I can find proprietary ones that will work? I just want to play >_<
  7. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Wait a bit, I'll upload older Coherent for you...
    UPD: Done, check your Inbox.

Also what video card you have?
  8. rahk001

rahk001 New Member

GeForce GTS 250. Trying the thing you uploaded, thanks.
  9. SXX

SXX Post Master General

And you not installed proprietary drivers yet? For Nvidia there is no choice, you can only get playable FPS with proprietary drivers.

I'm probably understand you wrong when you said about "default drivers". Can you try "Additional Drivers" and then check what drivers you have installed?
  10. kexD

kexD New Member

Hasn't managed to get debugger to work even on old version. Got cyan screen and GLX_EXT_swap_control error.
  11. kexD

kexD New Member

It may be. But for me it was ok before latest build (54631). I had missing/wrong icons and wrong cursor, but it only appeared after I restarted the PA few times. Now when I start the game second time after booting computer I see corrupted cursor and selection boxes, but icons are ok.

The easy solution would be to run CoherentUI on nvidia card (with proprientary drivers) using optirun with primus, but it is impossible, because coherent does not start properly (Could not disable vsync: driver does not support GLX_EXT_swap_control).
  12. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Check your inbox, I'm linked you archive with old coherent and debugger, just run ./Debugger.

GLX_EXT_swap_control is not problem here, at all.
  13. viga

viga New Member

Hi,

First post here, and not trying to hijack the thread, but I'm facing also the "no mouse pointer" issue.
    I downloaded the debugger and tried opening the ATLAS thing but no go.
    What I do see in the console is that there is a failed to load on a javascript resource (coui://ui/mods/ui_mod_list.js).

I'm on Arch linux 64bit on an intel HD300 macbook pro 8.1

Any help is appreciated since testing came to a halt pretty much. Since I had no luck running the game on my other laptop (HP elitebook 8740w with linux mint 15) at all, it just displayed a black screen.
  14. SXX

SXX Post Master General

15. viga

viga New Member

SXX,

Thanks for your time and effort!
    Idd I didn't open them all up... forgot one. Once all trees expanded I have a cursor again and game is playable.