New map type

Discussion in 'Mapping and stuff' started by tesseracta, May 30, 2015.

1. tesseracta

tesseracta Active Member

As a celebration for the new update...

I present to you a new kind of map...

Commander Gasing!!!

Its where people have to save their commanders and send them to the gas giant with orbital fabricators, but there is metal everywhere while the planets last... and the planets are not halley-able so you can't move the planets out of the way to prevent a collision

It could be a race to immediately get off the planets or the planets could collide late game as an end-game death-match situation.

In commander gasing there can't be more than 2 gas giants unless the gas giants collide, otherwise there would just be commander sniping to end the game by moving avengers from one planet, then back to the gas giant to avoid going through gas giant defenses and go right where the commander is (and of course leading to an easy unexciting endgame)

I will try to upload the map shortly... before the end of the hour probably.

EDIT: Updated V 2.1 Comm Gasing

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  2. tesseracta

tesseracta Active Member

3. tesseracta

tesseracta Active Member

Oops, big error...

I made the planets go in the same direction. What a fail. Ill make a V2.1 soon...

EDIT: GOT IT... it's fixed

Going to upload in about 5-10 minutes
  4. Greendolph

Greendolph Active Member

I've tried making systems like this before and the system editor likes to randomly change the direction of orbits.
  5. tesseracta

tesseracta Active Member

I've done it successfully before (recently) and I'm not letting a random error screw me up now...

EDIT: It's fixed now