NEW MAP ON PC!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by TOM12121112, April 23, 2011.

1. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

Too dark, too "gimmicky," too big, too open.

do not want.
  2. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

Yep.
  3. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

I like the jumppad rainbow. That's about it, haha.

Oh, and the moonbounce; I find it fun (it's one of my favorite things about the map, actually), but impractical.

If nothing else, the map is amusing, which makes sense since it's based off an amusement park.
  4. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

SCREW YOU ALL YOU ARE JUST IN AWE OF CHICKEY CANTOR, HIS AWESOMENESS IS CLOUDING YOUR THOUGHTS!
  5. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

I hate you. Check TEG.ff.org inbox...
  6. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I find it funny that neither of you who posted here have even played the map, let alone the PC version. With the exception of Syd.
  7. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

I am still entitled to my opinion. I don't care what you think is funny. As a matter of fact, I think your face is funny.
  8. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

syd also has yet to play the map, iirc.

there are only going to be subtle, if any at all, differences between this map on PC and 360.

and at the rate that the dlc is coming out, i probably never WILL play it. when brink releases, one of two things are going to happen:

1: brink is going to rock, and everyone will be leaving this game for it.

2: brink will bomb, and i STILL wont be coming back to this game due to a lack of interest.

that being said, IF the dlc hits before brink drops, there is no doubt in my mind i will be vetoing this map every time it comes up.
  9. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

This is correct; I have not played the map.
    My statements are based solely on speculation.
  10. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

what else launched with the dlc? is it just a map?
  11. F5in

F5in New Member

Chicky Cantor is my favorite part.
  12. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

Well I'd imagine it's everyone's.
    It's basically guaranteed bacon for your whole team.

Which is good for your team, I guess.
    Kinda tips the scale, though.
  13. Mrsubguy

Mrsubguy New Member

Just takes a while to get used to as with any new map
  14. Vlane

Vlane New Member

If you play it seriously you don't go for Chickey.
  15. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

agreed 100%. i don't need to play this to realize uber is going in the wrong direction. i'd rather pay for spunky than this.
  16. pree3z

pree3z New Member

the map looks fun, but not fun enough to be fun for a long time, before said fun turns to gimmicks and then the gimmicks to frustrations (i.e i image lag + moonbounce would just be horrible on console)

and i think that a whole team getting bacon is somewhat unfair. but what do i know.
  17. xRustySpoon

xRustySpoon New Member

There are 2 things that I like that come with this map:

1. The ability to spawn Jackbots, Black Jacks, and Slims. I think it would be an interesting twist on gameplay.

2. Chicky Cantor.
  18. Mrsubguy

Mrsubguy New Member

After watching some more gameplay videos, i have to admit that the chicken cantor is a horrible idea. Though the PC players don't seem to understand the sheer power of awesomeness that is bacon >_>.
  19. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

I think Blue should be called Purple not Blue because it's a horrible idea and because I'm an Astronaut. But Astronauts are dumb because I think so and even though I'm not one. So there. By the way, are you a talking cupcake?
  20. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Between this, and Cave Johnson in Portal 2, the amount of random in video games recently is through the roof.

Which is good.

Btw, you would lose a game against a good team if you actually went after Chickey Cantor. Your bots would be clear, turrets wrecked, ball down, and destroyed, all for bacon (which isn't that awesome). Besides, bacon lasts one life, and a good team will make sure you eventually find the spawnroom. ONLY USE FOR IT: if you already don't have map control nor very high hopes of winning, it might help in a comeback.

I actually like how balanced this map actually is, for something that introduces such different gameplay from every other map including Spunky. Spunky introduced new ideas to merging bot lanes and different bot spawns, but this map really bends that into a new type of gameplay if you use it right torwards the end. Jackbot wars? Rather large waves of bots on purchase? Get a good tank and use bots as bait for kills? Good stuff.

The map design itself is rather new and full of interesting gameplay as well. Maps that feel different may be a nice thing here and there.