New launcher fails to boot game. [fixed]

Discussion in 'Support!' started by spicyquesidilla, April 19, 2014.

1. spicyquesidilla

spicyquesidilla Active Member

So I type in my details (made sure they were correct numerous times), and the launcher comes to a halt.

I also attempted to get around the launcher using PAMM, it said it couldn't find the file location of pa.
    That lead me to think I didn't install pa correctly, I re-installed- no change.

I downloaded the game from the ubernet site not from steam.

Any suggestions? :)

Attached Files:

2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

PAMM might link to another game file location. I had to name my old PA as "NotPA", then run PAMM and then PAMM asked me to specify PA location, which I have it the folder with the proper build from the folder.

And you say all this is with the "new" launcher? So for Mac? Or...

EDIT: Wait, that is as far as you got, that login screen? Thats... bad.

EDIT EDIT: Nice card, GTX 770, drivers from my b-day, March 4, so that much looks like its not the problem. I just not sure what you mean by new launcher or launcher issues if running on Win7.
  3. spicyquesidilla

Yea damn login screen! know any fixes or... am I screwed :X? oh and my machine is 2 days old, my old comp power blew and wrecked all the hardware. It's been a month since I've played PA so the login screen is new for me.

Edit: so I messed around with the login prompt, it doesn't matter what I type into it- the sign in button freezes and the prompt just sits there. Maybe it's my firewall blocking traffic to ubernet? as my comp is pretty new and I'm still working out software kinks.
    Last edited: April 19, 2014
  4. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

It could very well be a firewall thing. I'm unfamiliar with Windows, but I assume you can disable the whole thing and see what happens? There was recently a report of Comodo (or something like that) sandboxing PA so it couldn't communicate with anything for example. It might help to temporarily uninstall the firewall/antivirus software and see it that helps. Then at least you know what's to blame.
  5. spicyquesidilla

Thing is I currently don't have any anti-virus software installed. I could try starting up a VM with lynux to see if it's software vs. network. over anything I'm betting it's installing wierd.
  6. spicyquesidilla

Ok so the solution was the windows version, I went out for a couple hours while windows updated. Came back and booted the launcher- everything worked fine.
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  7. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Where did that login box come from in your picture? I've never seen it before.