new IGN preview of MNC

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Ekanaut, July 15, 2010.

1. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

2. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

I thought you told bronco it wasn't new :p
  3. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

I think his comment was in response to the fact that I said the game had "gone gold". But he was saying it was just a preview build so IGN could play it and give their impressions.

4. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

As previews and impressions have been coming in, do you devs take as much notice as the fans to what is said/written? Do you prefer praise or criticism? With criticism, do you guys try to address the concerns?

With this sort of criticism, have you guys taken it constructively and focused a little more attention on improving the crowd? I think the boo's and aww's and yeah's are going to be key in creating the atmosphere I'm hoping to immerse myself within on August 11th!
  5. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

so...wait. Criticism is coming in regarding the crowd? This game is going to be better than I thought, if thats the only complaint.
  6. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

I think they're talking about the look of the crowd not the sound. The crowd reacts well to what you're doing.
  7. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

I believe he was mostly alluding to the look of the crowd. We have lots of robots on the screen as well as players and that causes us to have to skimp on certain other areas to keep performance up. One of those areas was the crowd. Funny though, you have to look hard at the crowd to notice them.

The sounds of boos and cheers is definitely present, I believe you'll be happy about that. We've developed a system to have the crowd react to what you do and what happens in the game.
  8. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

Is it hard-coded into MNC that I'm going to get boo'd regardless of what I do? ;)

I'm doing my best to make people MORE aware of it, but the game is picking up a nice head of steam (see the pun there?) heading into its release.
  9. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

Lot of negative criticism in there =/
  10. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

I thought it was mostly positive. The negative comments came from the guys that really didn't play the full game. You're not going to see the depth in any game for playing it for 30 minutes.
  11. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

That was put in the minute you joined the forums :!:
  12. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

I rarely take game suggestions, but from the few people I do, one of them suggested I check out this site ... so you can blame HIM! :eek:
  13. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

Completely understandable.

Awesome! That's what I was hoping for! :D

Yeah and one of them even mentioned he wasn't even fond of multiplayer shooters. Some of the guys had some negative criticism but all of them had positive comments.
  14. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

I got the feeling they didn't properly understand the DotA-like game mechanics that will keep the players interested for a long time. You can't comprehend just how addictive the strategy part can become after playing a few minutes. And the comment about $15 is too expensive, has this moron checked how much MW2 or Starcraft II cost? Make you wonder what it takes at IGN to become a senior or executive editor. Maybe an IQ barely over room temperature... (in Celsius!!!)

Anyway, the guys who had time to play it loved it and word of mouth will promote MNC, I have no doubt about it.
  15. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

Indeed it's like some reviewers can't see that this game has a ton of content, solid action and it's only the price of 1200 points! then they go say that MW2 is better or something, it's the completely wrong way of looking at it in most cases.

But then that's game journalism for you, plenty of times reviewers have made mistakes, admitted that they only played it for 2 hours before going out on that large dinner paid for by the manager or get padded with review bonuses which tip the scales, it's upsetting.