New hacks may ruin MNC //moved from other forum//

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by nocturne_saint, January 13, 2011.

1. nocturne_saint

nocturne_saint Member

just ran into this fella in a game http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197996587086/
    it was an assassin with god-mode, true invisibility, and the ability to attack, grapple, shurukin etc while truly invisible.

what i mean by godmode is it would stand in one spot while the entire team would wail on it doing nothing.

what i mean about true invisibility is no hum, no opaque image, just invisible.

our whole team was going wtf at it.

i swear if these hacks spread it might kill MNC.

if i knew how to record a demo without fraps i would have done it. if you know how let me know.
    Last edited: January 13, 2011
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

From the way it sounds I think this is just a semi-rare/semi-common glitch that Uber is having a very hard time to reproduce. There have been enough reports for it on both XBox and PC for it to be of a concern though. We all hope it gets fixed in due time.
    viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2743
  3. nocturne_saint

nocturne_saint Member

so is it possible for that glitch to happen at the start of a game? trying to figure out if it was the glitch you were talking about or an actual hack.
  4. UberGaf

UberGaf Uber Alumni

Were they moving around or stuck in one place when they were invincible?
  5. nocturne_saint

nocturne_saint Member

they moved around and stopped dead in their tracks when someone started attacking them, they got all the way into our base then just started running around after standing still taking massive damage. seemed to go invisible completely then i saw shurikins going everywhere from one point.

so yeah near the end they just stood in place spamming shurikins while totally invisible.

it looked like they could turn, but since they were invisable at another point could not tell if they were moving or not after that.
  6. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

old glitch bro. If it was a hack you would be seeing aimbot. There's a difference.
  7. hickwarrior

hickwarrior New Member

Actually, god mode via the console. Haven't tried that in-game yet, at least for multiplayer, so I'll try that when I get the chance.
  8. Mastah

Mastah New Member

9. nocturne_saint

nocturne_saint Member

ran into this "glitch" again on steel peel. as usual it was an assassin.

same side effects as last time, and like last time right next to our teams moneyball.

this seems more and more to be a glitch, but it seems like some people have found out
    how to reproduce it and do it so they can be in godmode spamming shuriukins at the moneyball.

have you devs found out how this is done so it can be patched?

its one of the most annoying glitches ive seen.
  10. galwinganoon

galwinganoon New Member

This finally happened to me today...

I was running around, and right before I died, I hit "e" for the blinding smoke bomb skill. I think I got to do a couple of the frames of the "throw smoke bomb at ground" animation before I "died."

So, there I was, standing around, unable to move (does the smoke bomb skill root you in place?) and able to stab / throw smoke bombs. Also, I was invincible.

To me, it seems to be a problem with the smoke bomb skill being interrupted by death before a certain frame in the skill's activation, but that's just my first thought.
  11. MasterXC

MasterXC New Member

It might have to do with the ability's damage-reduction during the smoke bomb going nuts since you died, but I'm not exactly sure.

And yes, the animation roots you in place...hence why it's useful to avoid being thrown off the edge. :cool:
  12. RollTheDice

RollTheDice New Member

I had something similar to me happen when I was Assassin, and attempting to activate the annihilator while under direct fire. I did the "pay" animation, was killed, and my killcam showed my body standing where I died. other players were still shooting at it. The respawn timer didn't start for about 10 seconds, and when I respawned, I saw that I had successfully paid for the annihilator, but it never went off.
    Then the Icemen bought it :(
  13. grimbar

grimbar New Member

that's intended though
  14. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

It's not something specific to the assassin, although it happens much more commonly to the assassin than any other class. I saw it happen to an assault a week or so ago. The interesting part is that the assault's legs were bent like he was mid jump, so I definitely think it does have something to do with getting stuck while jumping.
  15. ParadoxD

ParadoxD New Member

16. clownius

clownius New Member

assassins in their currently op state will ruin this game way faster than hacks and hackers.
  17. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Err, no.
  18. Pluberus

Pluberus New Member

Just get an armor endorsement and turn up your sound. :D