New game modes

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by dunpealhunter, October 13, 2013.

1. dunpealhunter

dunpealhunter New Member

I just had an interesting and fun game with another player named zorrin, we both made a pact not to attack eachother, but instead we did a race against time: who could get a moon to smash into a planet the first, kill the commander and thus win the game.

I unfortunately lost the game, but the match got me thinking: wouldn't it be absolutely awesome if there were more types of games to choose from than just smash each other (metal) skulls in?

This is what i was thinking:

• Moon smashing. 2 or more players are on different planets, there are moons in the system and to kill the other player(s) the opposing team can only do that by smashing a moon into the planet of the enemy. You cannot attack or land stuff in any other way on the enemies planet.

• Get out before its too late! The planet you are on is in the vicinity of a star or a moon in which it will smash within a certain amount of time. When that happens you automatically will be killed and have lost the game. You have to get your commander to a safe planet before its too late. A timer will tell you how much time you have left before it has run out.

• Climate changes. Due to pollution of special AI factories a climate change will rise the temperature and will melt the icecaps in the polar regions and make the sea levels rise to such a level that all your factories and army will be destroyed. There could be several ways to prevent that from happening, build large environment climate protection plants, who get rid of the pollution in the air, or build enormous engines (like the ones for moons, but larger) to move the entire planet to a new position in the solar system and thus making it colder. Or the third option is to destroy the AI. The AI themselves will not be aggressive, and will only have a small base, but they will have huge defenses that will completely annihilate a small army. You need to have a very big army to be successful.

• Deathmatch. I think this video explains it best:

Basically you are pinned down, you have lots of resources at your disposal and only a small window to make use of those before the AI comes at you with a massive force trying to take you out. You need to build a massive defense line in order to keep the enemies forces at bay until your commander will be extracted from the planet. Like the game option Get out before its too late! there will be a timer that shows how much time is left.

So, what do you guys think? I would really like to hear your opinion on these game options. In my opinion it would really be awesome to see these implemented into the game at some point.
    Murcanic likes this.
  2. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General